Denali Shuttle bus tickets

nittany89

I just posted this a few days ago -- but here goes again. I also purchased my Denali shuttle tickets a few months ago for June, was charged, but did not receive the tickets. I sent an email asking why, and here is the answer I received:

"We have had some minor troubles with our emailing system, and we now estimate that the tickets will be emailed in late January, early February. As long as you have your reservation number, your reservation will be saved, and you we be able to get your tickets, via email, mail, or at the park."

I purchased camping and camper bus tickets last December and also have not received them yet. Last year paper tickets didn't come till the spring. But the above poster mentioning re: problems with EMailing is correct.

I made campground reservations and shuttle reservations as soon as they were available online. My credit card was charged, I got a confirmation on the campground, and was told I'd be sent the shuttle reservations in January. I got no answer from my e-mail, but felt re-assured when I earlier saw Stired's post about the response he'd gotten from them. At least I have my CC receipt to prove it's paid for! :cool:

I made campground reservations and shuttle reservations as soon as they were available online. My credit card was charged, I got a confirmation on the campground, and was told I'd be sent the shuttle reservations in January. I got no answer from my e-mail, but felt re-assured when I earlier saw Stired's post about the response he'd gotten from them. At least I have my CC receipt to prove it's paid for! :cool:

And I thought I was the only one on this board camping in Denali. Glad you are too :) . I assume when you say shuttle reservation you mean camper bus. I wonder if the camper bus tickets are not sent like the shuttle bus tickets. Just a thought.

We'll be staying at Savage River - so we'll be on the shuttle. :)

Thanks for the update. The only negative I heard about getting on the shuttle at Savage River is the lack of choice of seats. Not a big deal but you might consider heading to the WAC on an eastbound bus and picking up the shuttle bus from there if it is important to you.

That's what we're planning - thanks to the good advice I've gotten here! :)

But you will then need a later shuttle start since the Savage River Shuttle buses don't start early, that go back to the transportation center. Probably would not be able to book before 10am, if you want to load at the transportation center. Verify this as it changes depending on the time.

I was planning to drive the RV back to the transportation center in order to catch the shuttle from there. Will that not work?

Yes, certainly will work. Just be certain your reservation tag is securely clipped to your site. You don't want to come back later and find your site occupied by someone else. :)

Did you get a reservation confirmation email but just no tickets? I got an email with an order number and repeat of the info that "reservation is not confirmed until a confirmation email is received" right after placing the order. I have not received anything else, but have checked our credit card and found that it has been charged. I sent an email to the Denali reservations a week after making the reservation order asking if it was confirmed, but have heard nothing more. Need I worry? Think I might try calling them tomorrow.

Received my E-Ticket Email yesterday. But still confused about the campsite reservation since it has two reservations on one page and usually you get a slip of paper to clip to the campsite you claim to show it is 'reserved' as well as your checkout date. Most likely it will still require a visit to the WAC for this.

Also, the E-ticket for the bus is one piece of paper for all in the party, with a note that if your party plans to split up, to request separate tickets at the WAC. I will definitely do this since we probably won't know until we are inside the park whether or not we are going to split up.

Did you get a reservation confirmation email but just no tickets? I got an email with an order number and repeat of the info that "reservation is not confirmed until a confirmation email is received" right after placing the order. I have not received anything else, but have checked our credit card and found that it has been charged. I sent an email to the Denali reservations a week after making the reservation order asking if it was confirmed, but have heard nothing more. Need I worry? Think I might try calling them tomorrow.

Yes, as stated above, I did receive a reservation confirmation email with the order #, but no email tickets. Aramark did reply to my follow-up email a few weeks ago as to why I never received the "e-tickets" by saying as long as I bring my confirmation email with the order #, I can get my tickets at the park.

My e-tickets finally arrived today! :D (These were ordered in early December for use in mid-August) For the Fish Creek shuttle, we got separate e-tickets. They also sent me another campground confirmation - but no permit yet.

I called the Denali reservation number today and talked to a very nice agent. She verified my order and told me she would email me the confirmation and e-tickets "right now". Eight hours later, nothing! I'll just be patient a few days and see if I hear anything more since the rest of you are saying that eventually you do get the tickets.

Archived