Have you "Tie the Knot" Onboard?

Sandytoes

I have been married five times on cruiseships. My first marriage I married on land, but I have found getting married on a cruiseship to be a lot more enjoyable (also much more economical). Economy is big for a guy like me as you can't beat the price of a marriage on a cruise ship. If I didn't get married on a cruise ship, I don't think I could get as married as often as I do.

The first time I got married, it was on Carnival. I liked it as it was my first time on a cruiseship and it was the first time getting married on a cruiseship (it was her first marriage and her first cruiseship wedding). I don't know if it was the fact it was my first cruiseship wedding, or my first crusie, but she will always hold a special place in my heart (the cruiseship, not the ex-wife).

My next wedding was on a three day cruise. It was on Royal Carribean. One has to try pretty hard to have a shorter marriage than the cruise that follows the wedding. Sure enough, we were seperated by the time we arrived back to port. The on board sales office had to figure out how they could book me a room on the same cruiseship I was currently on. They had never had to sell someone an empty cabin once they left port. I couldn't believe that had the guts to charge me full published rate despite the fact that I only needed it for two out of the three nights. I got a taxi from the port to the County courthouse to first file the marriage paperwork and then jumped back into line, to file the divorce paperwork. Since I still caught my 4:30 pm flight, I figured everything worked out pretty well and I have no regrets.

My third and fifth wedding was with my current wife. Princess was great and the wedding was great. The staff were fantastic and very attentive to all of our needs. It sort of bumbs me out that my current wife and I got divorced after our first wedding together. If I knew that we were going to have two Princess weddings, I wouldn't have cheated on her three months into our first marriage and instead I would have been faithful and just put all the money we spent on the fifth wedding and put it towards the third wedding. At that point, I couldn't have upgraded to an outside obstructed view or something nicer.

The fourth wedding was a mistake. I wasn't really committed to it and neither was she. I simply didn't have the feelings I had for her that I did with the other four wives I have had. Oh by the way, it was on Holland America.

I hope this helps.

sbmizzou

PS Good luch with your marriage!

My story is not as colorful as the above post:eek: . We got married in port in Santorini Greek Islands. It was fantastic - the best day of my life.

There is a thread for weddings - I am sure you will find more information there.

Good luck

Jane;)

You may want to look under ""special interest"" as there is a board devoted to weddings. My daughter will be getting married March 08 on Carribean Princess. We chose that because Princess line is the only line you can marry at sea. But you can marry at embarkation and have guests who are not going to cruise attend the wedding. The Wedding Experience is the coordinator of all the arrangements for princess weddings. If you contact them they will e-mail you all the info re prices and requirements

We were married at sea while onbard the Star Princess in Dec 2006. The wedding was pretty close to perfect (60 guests sailed with us), we were treated very well by Princess, our guests loved the idea and we would recommend it to everyone. It doesn't get much better than having a really well done ceremony, going to the dining room for our reception and then heading out on deck for some sun and celebretory drinks. We didn't do an official dance but it just so happened they have a dance club onboard (Skywalkers).... As you can tell, we have nothing but great things to say about the wedding at sea program and you can flex it to fit whatever you want. Have fun!

My DH and I were married on the Grand Princess in August of 2004 while taking a Baltic cruise. It was wonderful. The wedding coordinators, both before the cruise and on the ship were excellent. The captain was marvelous. My parents and the DH's stepson accompanied us.

I think Princess is still the only that actually has the captian marry the couple at sea.

You can choose among a number of options for the pre and post wedding celebrations. We simply booked Sabatini's for dinner after our wedding. The wedding cake that Princess provided was both lovely and scrumptious. We shared it with all the diners in Sabatini's and the wait staff that evening. We were pleased with the photographers as well.

One thing for sure - it simplifies all the planning. Really!

And it is, as weddings go, pretty inexpensive.

I am not sure if I had been in my 20's and first time bride I would have chosen this for a wedding, but it was absolutely perfect for the second time around, and - well, I just can't say enough positive things about the experience.

My father was so impressed with service Princess provided for my wedding, that he chose to surprise my Mom with a wedding on the Regal for their 50th wedding anniversary a year and half later. He asked me to take care of the details with Princess for him, and once again - absolutely smooth sailing. Please understand, my father is not at all prone to the grand romantic gesture, and my mom has terrific radar, so the idea that this remained a total surprise for her was astounding, but it did. Kudos to Princess again for paying attention to every detail and not giving anything away by communication through me both precruise and on board.

Thanks for your wonderful cruise wedding advice/stories....

I will have to suggest this to my DD... She will have to decide if it will be right for her....

I asked this question here, since we like sailing on Princess and would love for our daughter to get married on a cruise ship...To me, getting married on a cruise is an easy, different, and elegant way to make the event special.

Wondering how affordable it is?

Here, average cost of a wedding ranges between $30,000 and $60,000.

If anyone has photos, would love to see them....

Thanks again....

Archived