Playa Mia Beach Break Opinions

blwms

Considering the beach break at Playa Mia on our Holiday sailing April 28. Any recent cruisers who have taken the excursion? We are seniors and just looking for a relaxing care free day....doing little of nothing. Trying to decide if we want to take the five hour transportation included or just take a cab. Any opinions?

We, too, were going to do the Playa Mia beach break. We did not book through the cruise line and decided to do our own thing. We got in a taxi and went to Mr. Sancho's beach area. Funny name, I know. It is one beach area away from playa mia and it is also FREE! I really think it was the highlight of our entire vacation/cruise. Lots of chairs right next to the water. Shaded areas to get out of the sun, a really cheap bar and a great buffet if you get hungry. The cab ride was 14 US dollars. Truly paradise. Have fun!!

Considering the beach break at Playa Mia on our Holiday sailing April 28. Any recent cruisers who have taken the excursion? We are seniors and just looking for a relaxing care free day....doing little of nothing. Trying to decide if we want to take the five hour transportation included or just take a cab. Any opinions?

Whether you decide to go to Playa Mia or not, I strongly suggest you organize it yourself. I'm going to be in Cozumel next week. Our Cruiseline offered a trip to go to Playa Mia for $30 for the BASIC day pass (included no food or alcohol)... we requested info from playa mia directly and the same day pass was only $15... this package deal with the cruiseline did NOT include transportation... they basically just make an extra $15 on the purchase of your day pass. And worse, it was like $90/pp for the best package... when you do the math- $30 for taxi round trip + $49/pp for all inclusive day pass= $128 per couple versus the $180 I would have paid the cruise line!! I'm looking forward to my day at playa mia!!

I am confused. On the cruise line website it offers the Playa Mia Beach Break for $28 per person. It says: Included in your ticket is an open bar, use of the beach, pool, kayaks, sunfish sailboats, beach floats and a large water trampoline.

So my question is, so many of you are naming prices higher than this to get an open bar, etc. Had anyone else on here done the beach break at playa mia for $28 per person?

I am confused. On the cruise line website it offers the Playa Mia Beach Break for $28 per person. It says: Included in your ticket is an open bar, use of the beach, pool, kayaks, sunfish sailboats, beach floats and a large water trampoline.

So my question is, so many of you are naming prices higher than this to get an open bar, etc. Had anyone else on here done the beach break at playa mia for $28 per person?

From what I can tell, there is Playa Mia Beach Break and "Deluxe" Playa Mia Beach Break which includes buffet.

This tour has been designed to give you a worry free day at one of Cozumel's finest Beach Clubs. Transportation to and from the Beach Club, full domestic open bar, an international buffet, and fun attractions will be at your disposal.

$64/per adult for this.

http://www.playamia.com/

We did the Playa Mia Beach Break a few weeks ago. It was $28.00 per person and included an open bar. The only thing we had to pay for extra was the taxi, which was $15.00 for 4 people. We had a great time and got our $28.00 worth. It was only about a 30 minute drive.

From what I can tell, there is Playa Mia Beach Break and "Deluxe" Playa Mia Beach Break which includes buffet.

This tour has been designed to give you a worry free day at one of Cozumel's finest Beach Clubs. Transportation to and from the Beach Club, full domestic open bar, an international buffet, and fun attractions will be at your disposal.

$64/per adult for this.

http://www.playamia.com/

Oops missed this link, trying to read to fast and we were coming home from Cozumel when you posed, hehe!!

Archived