Is the Iced Tea sweetened or unsweetened?

newtocruising99

Unsweetened - but right next to it is the 'lemonade' dispenser - try mixing the two until you get the right sweet tea/lemon flavored combo! (If you want it really sweeter add some of the fruit punch - also right there!)

Have fun!

Froufie:D

I enjoy my tea unsweet at first. Then I add my sweet n low. I live in North Carolina. When we moved here 1 1 /2 years ago it was hard to remember to ask for unsweet tea. I learned after awhile when I kept on getting this awlful iced tea diluted in sugar.LOL

The tea in the dispensers isn't watered down. The tea poured in the dining room may be but you can send it back and ask for more if it's too watery. I prefer unsweetened tea even though I'm from Texas originally. I outgrew the sugar habit when I was about 12. The tea in the buffet dispensers is liquid concentrate added to the dispensers, not made from scratch. I'm not sure about the tea in the dining room.

The tea is not fresh brewed. It is a concentrate that is reconstituted as you get it from the dispenser (it is next to the lemonade and fruit punch in the automatic dispenser). They refill it with concentrate from a gallon when it gets low. If you like fresh brewed ice tea, just get a cup of hot water (available at the coffee machines) and steep a tea bag (also available beside the coffee machine) and pour it over ice.

I make my own tea since I do not like the flavor of the concentrate.

Being born and raised in Mississippi ... making great sweet tea is the first lesson from Mom!!

I have never had a problem getting the tea to taste ok. (still not as good as mine...but hey, you can't expect miracles!)

it's good to see some people from the south on these boards.

their tea is odd tasting. not bad, mind you, just different. i rather liked it. it tasted, to me, a bit more herbal.

but it's been 6 or so years...so my tastebuds may be off. i'll let you all know in May how it is on the Celebration.

Being born and raised in Mississippi ... making great sweet tea is the first lesson from Mom!!

I have never had a problem getting the tea to taste ok. (still not as good as mine...but hey, you can't expect miracles!)

LHP, howdy neighbor :D I love my sweet tea too..with lemon. I'm a southern gal as well from TN.. On the cruise I dont even bother with the tea, although I can sweeten it myself, I actually prefer the juices and lemonade on the ship.

HAPPY CRUISIN:cool:

No way!!!! LOL! Here in the south, if it's not sweetened with sugar water, we don't drink it :p LOL!!! It was SO hard for me to give up sweet tea!! Still my weakness :o

I just had to AMEN you on the tea thing:p... the northerners just don't understand that sweet tea in the south cannot be duplicated! It'd be like us southerners saying we know how to do Lobster or something... just not gonna happen! :D

Unsweetened - but right next to it is the 'lemonade' dispenser - try mixing the two until you get the right sweet tea/lemon flavored combo! (If you want it really sweeter add some of the fruit punch - also right there!)

Have fun!

Froufie:D

thats something from way north there if you came here to texas and did that to someones tea they would shot you man.:D

I just had to AMEN you on the tea thing:p... the northerners just don't understand that sweet tea in the south cannot be duplicated! It'd be like us southerners saying we know how to do Lobster or something... just not gonna happen! :D

LOL!! Those that didn't grow up with sweet tea will never understand! LOL! You can't "add" something to tea to make it right, it's part of the process! LOL!!! It's something that we were raised knowing, part of the Sunday brunch tradition!!! LOL!! I drink unsweetened tea now, primarily because I am off sugar... but I certainly don't call it iced tea... it's just a beverage, LOL!! I can't imagine living in a world without knowing true iced tea though... the horror :eek: :eek:

Being from the South, I really liked this question, but my habit of always being on a diet keeps me from drinking sweet tea, but I love iced tea. My girlfriends on our cruises hate the tea because it's from concentrate, but I look at as an aquired taste(not really tea at all), and I love it. I bring a big ole mug on board so I can take some with me to the pool (I always add a sweet-n-low and an equal-it makes it very sweet!)

The unsweet tea on the Holiday didnt taste so bad but I was recently on the Fantasy and it was AWFUL. No amount of sugar or spenda could take away a certain wang it had. I even tried to squeeze a lemon in it and it didn't help. Needless to say, I gave up on drinking tea with my meals. Maybe they use different brands.

As far as I know Carnival Cruise Lines has always served un-sweeten tea and this really bugs me. You no sooner get the tea sweeten to you taste and the waiter will slip up behind you and fill up the glass again. Then you have to start all over again getting the right combination to your taste. Well, I think I have solved this problem for my next cruise. I went to the store and bought me a 14 packet box of Crystal Light "On The Go" packets and I plan on taking them to the dinning room and telling the waiter just bring me water and I will mix my on tea. I don't know why I did think of this before and I had the packets last summer on the Liberty but we just mixed them in our drinking water bottles.

Archived