Seward to Anchorage

beckmeister

I know this has been addressed as to how to get to Anchorage from Seward but where in the world do you store your luggage after you get off the ship and want to spend the day in Seward and take the train to Anchorage later that Day?

Thanks,

Beckmeister

Free luggage storage at the train depot the day your traveling. Usually someone is there by 9am, earlier on ship days. Drop it off, check in and return around 5:30pm. Make sure to take anything you might need with you, medications etc. as you won't see your luggage again till arriving in Anch.

Brilliant!! Thanks so very much!! I was told online when I asked that there was no where to store it there. Must have gotten bad info.

Beckmeister:)

There isn't anywhere to STORE it, you have to check the bags. So be certain you don't need anything in them until you get to Anchorage.

In the past they did have a shelf in the office for holding items- semi secure. This worked well for a small cooler that I had and wanted to use for my Subway sandwiches for the train.

The early baggage check in is a local service - therefore you can't get that information from the main railroad customer service number. In addition, there are a couple of businesses each year that offer luggage storage - but since they change each year, your best bet is to check at the Visitor Information Desk inside the cruise ship terminal when you disembark.

Archived