Zip Lines

ESR24

Looking at options other than the location offered by Carnival. Would like any information on these other locations including price, location (and things to do around their location), transportation to/from port, etc.

I would LOVE to hear from other passengers experiences.

Thanks!

Hiyarelease-

Do you work at South Shore? I emailed them after you first posted the website and haven't heard a thing from them. I've read on other posts that it's $35/person, can you confirm this? Also do they offer transportation from port or is it best to get a taxi?

Thanks!

If you don't hear back from Victor, try booking with Juan Carlos. He sometimes drives/guides for Victor but you can also book with him directly. Juan Carlos is who we booked with. My DH & friend did the South Shore zip line and really liked it. I think there were 14 zips, fewer climbs up to the platforms as you stayed up in the trees higher than the other companies, but no rope bridges or rock walls. The cost for the zip line was either $35 or $45 per person last December. Juan Carlos took us around the island, iguana farm, Fantasy Island, lunch & snorkeling. Whoever you end up booking with will go wherever you want to go. My only advice is if you aren't into shopping let them know as they will try to take you to a couple of stores.

I'm looking for zip line comparisons in Roatan. If there's already a thread, can someone direct me?

Victor suggested taking us to Palmetto(?).... Has anyone been here to zipline?

What places will NOT allow walk in ziplining on cruise ship days?

We've been ziplining in Belize at Jaguar Paw and want to try it again. Just having a heck of a time deciding where to have Victor take us.:D

We used the Pirates zipline on Roatan and had fun. It's got several bridges so it is more strenuous. Google 'Pirates zipline in Roatan" and their web site comes up. Sorry, I don't know how to post links to websites!

In my research I've found 4 companies in Roatan. The Gumbalimba Park one is used through the cruise companies exclusively on port days. There is also Roatan Jungle, South Shore Canopy and the Pirate one. I wasn't able to get too much information on other people's experiences but I googled them all to compare. I think we're going to go with the Roatan Jungle one.

• 1 month later...
In my research I've found 4 companies in Roatan. The Gumbalimba Park one is used through the cruise companies exclusively on port days. There is also Roatan Jungle, South Shore Canopy and the Pirate one. I wasn't able to get too much information on other people's experiences but I googled them all to compare. I think we're going to go with the Roatan Jungle one.

There are dozens of postings on this....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

• 4 weeks later...

i understand that everyone's experiences are different. Ours with Pirates was a NIGHTMARE. Search for posting under my name. There are reliable, responsible, Roatan ziplines , but unfortnately, we did not experience them.

• 3 weeks later...

South Shore was great. Im 21 and my brother is 22 and we both loved he. He was daring enough to go upside down and everything. Great views and a lot of variety in the lengths. The other ones sounded like they were all short, but this one has some nice long ones. Definitely recommend it.

Archived