Emails to Costa Unanswered

judybee

Has anyone had any luck getting responses from Costa to emails sent from their web site? I have emailed them requesting the telephone number of the Concordia and have emailed with a few questions but have never had a response. I find it frustrating when a company gives you the option of emailing them and then ignores your emails. :mad:

They also have my ground transportation arrangements listed incorrectly on the web site and though I have called them about this they have never corrected it, although they insist on the phone that the correct arrangements have been made. I just don't trust them. :confused:

I have sent three e-mails to Costa over the past six months or so and I believe I have gotten an answer to just one of them. My impression is that they put all of their effort into their cruises, ours really was wonderful, and not as much effort into communicating with their prospective passengers. Maybe that's better than excellent communications but mediocre cruises. We think so, but not everyone would. Of course, one can have everything if one is prepared to pay for it; we prefer paying less and putting up with a little frustration in making the arrangements.

I've had better luck e-mailing my cruise travel agent who calls Costa for me and takes care of things. If you call them directly they are good. I've e-mailed them once and they responded in about 48 hours. They probably don't have a good e-mail system setup.

I e-mailed twice regarding an inability to acces my cruise on the website and never got a response. It was handled fairly quickly after I called --- it seems my TA did not supply our birthdates and that was preventing our access. I generaly love e-mail, largely for the record it creates, but it has not proven effective for me with Costa.

this is true, and a well known problem with their website.

when you register a username on their website you have to enter your booking number and birthday. this info has to match exactly. then you have to wait, it says 48 hours but its more like 5-7days for the reservation to be linked to user username.

I did not email them off of their site -- but got their email address and emailed from my home email. Do u think that may make a difference ? ?

I emailed them Mon morning with a question and by Monday afternoon I had their reply - I was impressed with the speed of that :)

DonnaF

Mar 4 - 11 Costa Magica

I habve tried on several occassions to contact Costa in London, using their "Customer Client" web mail address to no avail. However I did succeed with a personalised contact who answers my queries quickly, even if they are outside of their remit.

Seems the only answer is to "grab" someone and hang onto them.

Archived