Very Hot Flat Iron

ckrobyn

I have a question:

I know many people take curling irons and flat irons onboard. My question is that my flat iron gets really hot and I am worried about it cooling down...and where I will lay it while it is cooling?

Does anyone take flat irons with them - and if so, how and where do you leave it to cool down?

I have curly/wavy hair and have recently mastered the art of straightening it myself and want to do it on the ship!

Thanks in advance for all advice and insight.

I was going to suggest you take a flat hot pad, the kind you put under hot casseroles on the table. My daughter has used a folded hand towel in the past. I like to cool hers down with a wet hand towel, it helps to keep the plates a little cleaner as well. I used to do this with a marcel iron, before using it on clients.

I was going to suggest you take a flat hot pad, the kid you put under hot casseroles on the table. My daughter has used a folded hand towel in the past. I like to cool hers down with a wet hand towel, it helps to keep the plates a little cleaner as well. I used to do this with a marcel iron, before using it on clients.

What a great idea! I know exactly what you mean, and that is exactly what I will take with me!

I kinda feel like an idiot/dufus for not thinking of that myself! :o :rolleyes:

a bit scary to read that there are even a few people on these boards willing to BURN DOWN an entire ship just to keep out a wrinkle or two. Every cruise line has a forbidden section in what one can bring on board and IRONS are in the forbidden one.

Think about the rest of the 2,000 people on board before you consider taking an iron on board and laying it on a cloth. Why not try that at home. Heat up the iron and them lay it on a cloth for a few minutes and take a walk around the block. Bet that you will be greeted with a few red trucks in the driveway when you return. Unfortuately, there are no big red trucks on the ocean and I for one do not care to float around in those tiny little tenders to help you be wrinkle free.

Show some common sense

a bit scary to read that there are even a few people on these boards willing to BURN DOWN an entire ship just to keep out a wrinkle or two. Every cruise line has a forbidden section in what one can bring on board and IRONS are in the forbidden one.

Think about the rest of the 2,000 people on board before you consider taking an iron on board and laying it on a cloth. Why not try that at home. Heat up the iron and them lay it on a cloth for a few minutes and take a walk around the block. Bet that you will be greeted with a few red trucks in the driveway when you return. Unfortuately, there are no big red trucks on the ocean and I for one do not care to float around in those tiny little tenders to help you be wrinkle free.

Show some common sense

Speaking of common sense .... We are talking about flat irons; Its like a curling iron.

songanddance, I'm the one that suggested a folded towel, and YES it works perfectly for a flat iron that I've NEVER used to removed a single wrinkle in clothing. (Although now that you've given them the idea, I'm sure someone will try it. :rolleyes: ) It does work great on my hair, and is no more unsafe than a curling iron.

At home, after I UNPLUG it, I stick it in the sink (without water of course). I feel safer knowing it is surrounded by ceramic. If I am at a hotel or something, I UNPLUG it, then I take a wet handtowel and wipe it off. It cools it off enough that I feel comfortable leaving it alone.

Archived