When is Spring Break in your area?

float'n fanatics

My dear little angel ;) will be out of school the week of April 9th - 13th.

This is for K-12 in Long Beach, CA. I think L.A. is the same. I believe that Orange County is the week before. (always was when I was growing up)

We will be on the Paradise so watch out :eek: .

Actually he is pretty good on vacation. Otherwise no money for video games....

I am not sure if you were trying to join in on Spring break or avoid it. Hope it helps.

http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar.htm

LOL With all due respect to all of the families out there, we are trying to avoid it. Right now we choose to cruise in May, to avoid bad weather, hurricanes, and yes... children.

We're not opposed to children, we just prefer adults. ;)

We are actually trying to get a feel for next year.

Thanks to all that are responding!

By the way, all of you parents, DO deserve SO much respect in my opinion... I couldn't do it.

Wait, it doesn't go on forever...who are all these kids out front...

I'm on the central Florida coast ( Space Coast, Port Canaveral) the K-12 SB is the last week of March, and as stated earlier UCF is the week of March 11.

In Hillsborough County (Tampa) Florida it is the week of March 19th through the 23rd.

I've heard that the ships are full of kids during this time. I am sure they probably are. However, my last cruise was the first week of Nov and I was shocked at the amount of kids that were on the ship. You just never know. Since, folks from all over the world take cruises. If you are going in May, you probably need to check when the kids are out of school. I am sure summer cruises are packed with kids.

I am sure you'll have a wonderful cruise regardless. Of course, there are several places on all ships where the kids won't be. :) LOL!

I've heard that the ships are full of kids during this time. I am sure they probably are. However, my last cruise was the first week of Nov and I was shocked at the amount of kids that were on the ship. /QUOTE]

Donna, the first week in November is the NJEA teacher's convention. Every school in the state of New Jersey is closed for two days that week....that's a lot of kids! My kids have 1/2 days the other three days so it's easy to miss the whole week...It's a great time for NJ parents to escape at off season rates. We haven't done it yet, but I'm shopping for this November and can't believe the good values we'll get vs. our Easter week trips. Where to go, where to go? hmmmm

Here in the Atlanta Ga area spring break is a wide range. My sons college is 3-5-07 some are in the 2 weeks after that.

Our school system is the same but usually the first week of April for elem, middle, and high.

Ours get out June 1 and our cruise is May 13, hope we missed them all.

baseball16

Archived