Where is a good beach?

kmbeachlover

• 2 weeks later...

We stopped in Limon a couple of years ago. We hired a local person to take us to a beach and do some other things.

I had read beforehand that the beaches were not really swimming beaches but surfing beaches. The beach we went to was ok but the water far too rouch and there were sand fleas. Fortunately I had read about that and brought some insent repellent.

We told the driver we wanted to snorkel and there definitely wasn't that so we were a little disappointed. However, seeing howler monkies and sloths in the trees made up for it.

First, avoid the beaches south of Limon. Too isolated. And, maybe a bit risky for tourists. We spent some time at La Playa Bonita. It's north of Limon. Great restaurant and bar. Beautiful scenery. We were there on Christamas Eve - 06. Had a blast!!!

• 3 weeks later...
First, avoid the beaches south of Limon. Too isolated. And, maybe a bit risky for tourists. We spent some time at La Playa Bonita. It's north of Limon. Great restaurant and bar. Beautiful scenery. We were there on Christamas Eve - 06. Had a blast!!!

How did you get there? Did you take a taxi? This is what we would like to do when we're there. TIA:)

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this will help but I was in Costa Rica a few years back for about a week and we did a tour to Tortuga Island. The beach there was great and the boat ride was terrific! They served white pineapple on silver trays! I felt like a spoiled princess!

i have read bad reviews about Costa Rica on the board but personally I loved it! I would live there if hubby would let me!

In March, we stopped in Costa Rica. Our waiter is from Costa Rica and he goes to see his son when the ship stops there. He warned us, to book a tour, stay with the tour and to be very aware of those around us. He was a real sweetheart of the guy, and I know he meant every word he said. He loves his country, but he is very aware of the poverty and the need of people on his island to feed and take care of THEIR families. The people of Costa Rica will do waht they need to do....and seeing the wealth most cruise people stroll on to the island with is tempting.

On our tour with Oscar Brown we did the canals, city view, animal shelter, and banana factory and stopped briefly at a beach front store/bar. The beach was nice, but not one I would want to spend the day at.

Please consider booking a tour, staying with the tour and being safe. There are much better beaches on other islands.

Archived