When do I get to book my room?

natmcm

My family and I are booked for a balcony room on May 20, 2007. I heard we could book our rooms 3 months in advance (which would be today), but our travel agency we are booked with said it is 60 days before, not 90. Is that correct?

Thanks!

If you have already booked this cruise you had one of 2 options when you booked.. (1)You would have already booked a specific cabin, thus you would already know your cabin number. I

(2)if you booked a balcony guarantee they are usually assigned around 60 days out, but you don't get to pick it. That is assigned at the discretion of the cruiseline and you often don't know until you get to the pier..

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more..

Happy Cruising!

Donn

My family and I are booked for a balcony room on May 20, 2007. I heard we could book our rooms 3 months in advance (which would be today), but our travel agency we are booked with said it is 60 days before, not 90. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Not sure exactly what you mean but we have booked a cruise as early as 500 days in advance and selected our room the day we booked. The only time you can't select your room when you book is if you book a guarantee room and then you never get to select your room CCL will do it for you.

The above poster is correct. Sounds like you booked a balcony guarantee which means the cruiseline will assign your room. You are guaranteed a balcony stateroom, but you will find the location once ccl assigns it which may not be until the day of sailing.

So we won't know where we are at until we get there, correct?

Maybe, maybe not.....sometimes with a guarantee your cabin number is on the documents you receive a couple weeks before your cruise (although it could still change) and sometimes you don't find out until you get to the pier. That's all part of the "fun" of booking a guarantee cabin. Since you booked balcony guarantee you know that you'll have a balcony and that's great.

Maybe, maybe not.....sometimes with a guarantee your cabin number is on the documents you receive a couple weeks before your cruise (although it could still change) and sometimes you don't find out until you get to the pier. That's all part of the "fun" of booking a guarantee cabin. Since you booked balcony guarantee you know that you'll have a balcony and that's great.

Well our travel agents obviously didn't bother to inform us about any of this and we are OBVIOUSLY first time cruisers. LOL. So what is the difference in the gurantee and whatever else you can do? Thanks so much for all of y'alls help!

When booking, a cabin guaraantee is normally at a lower price than bookig a specific cabin. Booking a ``balcony guarantee'' means the cruise line assures you will receive a balcony cabin but the location of the cabin is at their discretion. Booking a specific cabin on a ship is supposed to ensure you will get the cabin requested in your booking.

A balcony guarantee is not such a bad booking to have. It guarantees that you will not get a cabin below a balcony level cabin and you could end up with a much higher balcony cabin level that what was booked.

With a guarantee you pay your money and take a chance on what you get.

We've been very pleased with our guarantee bookings so far.

Good luck.

Dianne

Archived