Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

It is really easy and they are quick to respond! We booked in November 05 and are sailing next Friday (4/28). I bought the stock a couple of weeks ago and last week submitted my stuff to Royal Carribean. I just sent it to the general address at:

ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com

All you need to include is your booking number and trade confirmation. Your current holdings will work too as long as it shows your name and RCL. I just did a print screen and pasted it into Microsoft Paint and blacked out all the private information (i.e. account number, other holdings). I got a confirmation the next day. Very easy!

Wow, GREAT list!!!

Sad for me since I started at page 1, went through, started a list and got to the list already created. Since it's fabulous, can someone put a note on page 1 to go straight to the list?

Please? Just for those other people out there who may start at 1 :-)

Does anyone know if you can get the credit per person or if it's just per cabin?

Thanks!!!

Per Mike Zahrte at customer services the credit is one per cabin(even if both occupants happen to own shares). the only way to get multiple credits is to book multiple cabins. If you do any amount of cruising on either RCCL or Celebrity it still is a fairly good deal. We went ahead and bought some. Enjoy!

8- If you own 100 shares of RCL (Royal Caribbean Stock) by the time you cruise, you can get a $200 shipboard credit for a 10 day cruise. You do not need to hold it a minimum amount of time. I actually ended up doing this, so if you are interested, I can give you more info.

I'd appreciate any infomation you can give me on buying the stock. I'm leaving on 5/8 for an 11 day cruise. Do you think it's too late for me to buy? I'm looking for any advise you can give. Thanks so much.

Connie

Bought 100 shares of stock on Tuesday 4/18 for a cruise we are taking on 4/28/06. Faxed info to Celebrity 4/19 - $200 shipboard credit was issued to our account on 4/20. Of course on Thurs. morning it was down $100 but now it is at a profit of $107. Had to laugh when it went down $100 - thought this was a gread idea.

So - even when buying the stock even 10 days before a cruise is not to late to buy.

Bought 100 shares of stock on Tuesday 4/18 for a cruise we are taking on 4/28/06. Faxed info to Celebrity 4/19 - $200 shipboard credit was issued to our account on 4/20. Of course on Thurs. morning it was down $100 but now it is at a profit of $107. Had to laugh when it went down $100 - thought this was a gread idea.

So - even when buying the stock even 10 days before a cruise is not to late to buy.

Hi. This is great. My husband would like to know 1)The actual name of the stock 2)What is the price of the stock 3)Which exchange is it listed on ? Can you buy and sell as long as you have owned it and shown RCCL/Celebrity proof that you have acquired it. Many thanks Sandy

Hi. This is great. My husband would like to know 1)The actual name of the stock 2)What is the price of the stock 3)Which exchange is it listed on ? Can you buy and sell as long as you have owned it and shown RCCL/Celebrity proof that you have acquired it. Many thanks Sandy

1) RCL

2) 42,77

3) NYSE

4) You can buy and sell as you wish but have to own and proof the ownership at the time you want to apply for the shareholder credit

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll try and buy on Monday. Has anyone on this board bought from Scottrade? They have $7 trades and I am wondering if I could get all the paperwork done and papers faxed to X before I sail on 5/8.

I dd it thru sharebuilder.com

link from costco.com's web site & if a member u get a 55$ credit after first purchase (takes like 60 days to give you) and they rebate 25% to costco members of their fees so instead of 4- it will be 3$

bernadette

does it have to be a 10 day cruise or a 10 day trip?

we are on a galapogos trip but the crusie portion is only 7 days. should I contact RCL and ask? Where is this info officially posted.

Thanks everyone

I can't believe how many RCCL and Celebrity cruises I have taken (probably more than 10) and never knew about the great perk of purchasing 100 shares of RCL to derive the beneift of on-board credits. Thanks to this thread, I am now in the process of gaining 100 shares through Scottrade (also thanks my new association with Scott is due to you great contributors, since I had never previously dealt with Scottrade!)

I called Mike Zahrte in Celebrity's customer loyalty department as previously mentioned. He advised me that the option of providing the shipboard credit to investors is brought before the RCL board annually and it was just approved to be effective through 5/1/07. The perk could be denied, but he said, thus far, it never had been turned down. He sent me the form that can be pulled off the investor website. It states that a $50 onboard credit per stateroom applies on sailings of 5 nights or less; $100 on 6-8 nights; $200 on sailings of 9-13 nights and $250 on 14 nights or more. This applies only to the cruise portion--not to any landtour portion (ie would not apply to Alaskian cruise-land tour packages.) It also excludes Xpeditions program.

I have two Celebrity cruises already booked for 7/1/06 to Alaska and 3/12/07 to the Caribbean and am happy to have discovered this program. Thanks again for the info!

Susierailroad

:) :) :) :)

Archived