Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Crazy thought about canapies being servied in the conceirge class in the evenings. Since they have a sushi station, set up about the same time, do you think they will serve me sushi to my room. That would be a great appetizer for me..

interesting no:

Daphna

I doubt it. The canapes are pre-made up dishes and your room steward will get a large cart full and wheel them around delivering them all at the same time. I've heard of people getting similar substitutes like a cheese plate - another item that they have relatively standard issues of.

OTOH, the Sushi at the sushi station has quite a large selection of different items. Personally, if I wanted a little sushi in my room I'd prefer to go make my own selection of both sushi and side items, and make sure it is fresh off the serving station then just bring it down to my room. Oh, and I have done that!

At the same time, unless you seek privacy, on the M class ships taking your sushi snack out on open are aft bar area, next to the sushi station makes for a real nice spot to sit and enjoy your snack on nice days. All the better when the guitar player is singing there!

Thanks for the tip about owning shares a page or two back. I have emailed the Benefits people who have confirmed that the offer continues till May 07 at least and that us Brits can take advantage of the perk too. We have a 14 nighter on Zenith booked for November and 7 nights on Infinity June 2007. Should be good value!

Cinnamon

Regarding the cards, on our Aussie cruise ship Pacific Sun we asked for cards at the purser's desk and had to have a $50 bond held on our cruise card in case we didn't return them. What an expensive deck of cheap cards they would have been if we lost them.

Thanks to all for these very helpful tips! Our 1st Celebrity cruise is coming up and we are very anxious to find out about the differences of X. We like to go prepared!

We are sooooo looking forward to our next cruise . . .

Constellation Oct. ’06 – 11 Western Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas April ’06 – 10 Panama Canal

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – 10 Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 – 10 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Cabin off back of ship) – 7 Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 – 10 Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 – 7 Mexican Riveria

Grand Princess '02 - 7 Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 - 7 Eastern Caribbean

Celebrity might not tell you about-

On the larger "M" class ships- your in-cabin safe is located in one of the closets.

On the "C" older ships- I couldn't find the safe for the longest time. Finally, my room stewart came to introduce himself. And pointed out the cabin safe is behind the large desk mirror. On the large mirror is a sticker that said "Safe located behind this mirror." Duh.

I seem to remember the Constellation required a four digit code. The Century asked for six digits.

If you leave the safe open too long, it will beep at you, and you need to reset your code. Yes, you can use your original code. The safe just thinks you're a new passenger.

A note for those who aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer (like me) I thought once you input the code it remained the same for the entire cruise. I did not realize that EVERYtime you input it when you close it, THAT will be the code to reopen. Example, I was using 1006, one time accidently locked it with 1009 instead, I kept inputting 1006 and of course it wouldn't let me in. DUH!!! My BF had to explain to me it could be a new number everytime it doesn't save the number between unlocking and RElocking. hehehee

Wow:eek: This cruise of yours sounds an absolute disaster area. Another reason for you to post how awful it was. I wonder how this happened and if it was the fault of Celebrity or you weren't looking where you were going.

All this "yelling" by Celebrity and your husband too. Why do I get the impression that you bring these things on yourself.:confused: Sorry, just an observation.

Phil

My husband and I are going to be doing an Alaska cruise on the Summit in July. This will be my second cruise ever, first on Celebrity. I have o be honest, all this talk about the Sumit lately is making me a little nervous. Can any of you experienced Celebrity Cruisers help me a little? I'm very forgiving when "accidents: happen and understand nothing is perfect, but it seems like most of what I hear secrets about is the other ships. We have an aft cc class on the eight floor. Any tips/secrets/"reinforcements" (for lack of better term)?

Also what is DH, DD and DS mean on these boards?

My husband and I are going to be doing an Alaska cruise on the Summit in July. This will be my second cruise ever, first on Celebrity. I have o be honest, all this talk about the Sumit lately is making me a little nervous. Can any of you experienced Celebrity Cruisers help me a little? I'm very forgiving when "accidents: happen and understand nothing is perfect, but it seems like most of what I hear secrets about is the other ships. We have an aft cc class on the eight floor. Any tips/secrets/"reinforcements" (for lack of better term)?

Also what is DH, DD and DS mean on these boards?

We were on Summit in February. She is a beautiful ship, we had no major problems on our cruise. Hopefully all will be resolved before your trip. DH is dear husband, DD is dear daughter, DS is dear son, etc

Thank you for your confirmations.

Does this mean I don't have to worry about all the puke raining down on my balcony that the other woman was talking about?

And the run away gang ways...well I guess they could get anybody;)

Heres something Celebrity is trying to keep secret. Their customer service is the pits!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait until you have any sort of problem and you will find out first hand about their secret.

I don't know of a cruise line that has good customer service. This is why I use a full service TA. They earn their commission dealing with the customer disservice people.

To be fair, I do not think that the people are at fault - they are given very little info when itineraries change, or something unusual happens, and little to no training.

I tend to agree with you about customer service. Fortunately, we've not had a problem with Celebrity since we DO use a TA and she DOES tell me how bad all the cruise lines are.

However, there are good eggs in every bunch of rotten ones. We spent a good hour+ on the phone one evening with Carolyn @ Cunard in CA to ask questions about a crossing of the QM2. We had cabin questions, dinner questions, all sorts of them. She was just wonderful....leaving to ask for answers and helping us decide on a cabin (which our TA took over the next day). So, while our experiences are not usually good, she was a gem.

The Persian Gardens is where they do the couples massage. You get a message with your wife and then they let you stay in there by yourself for an hour. You can use th sauna, steam room and rain forest showers along with the heated seats. All you need to bring is your ***** and your set.

The Persian Gardens is where they do the couples massage. You get a message with your wife and then they let you stay in there by yourself for an hour. You can use th sauna, steam room and rain forest showers along with the heated seats. All you need to bring is your ***** and your set.

We've always had couples massages in a small massage treatment room ... same as other massages only with enough room (barely) for two massage tables. We've never used the Persian Gardens, but have seen it, and know people who have used it, and understand it is a common area for any fee paying guest to use at the same time as other guests. We've understood that there is not any privacy there as other people always have access, and during our tour we did note that this is a larger area designed for a number of people to use at once.

Ok question to all you seasoned celebrity cruisers, does Celebrity have a place where you can order a bottle of alcohol and drink set up in the cabin? On Carnival on the bon voyage phone line you can purchase your alcohol choice for approximately 40.00 a liter (depending on the brand) and it's acceptable to have this in your room. Does Celebrity have the same set up? I will be sailing on an 11 day next March and it'd be great to be able to have that in the room. Thanks so much in advance for your help.:)

My dad asked for crumbled bleu cheese to sprinkle on his salad one night. Every night thereafter, we were given a bowl with enough for the whole table to share. Delicious.

Please note, though, that in the dining room, if you ask for something once, you will probably get it over and over again unless you ask for it to stop. The service was so good that I thought I was going to DROWN in iced tea!

The service was so good that I thought I was going to DROWN in iced tea!

When I eat at a regular old restaurant on shore, that is how I decide on the tip. If my glass never gets below half full 25%. If I never run out 20%. If I run out 10% or less depending on the duration.

When I eat at a regular old restaurant on shore, that is how I decide on the tip. If my glass never gets below half full 25%. If I never run out 20%. If I run out 10% or less depending on the duration.

Well, I have a bad habit of simply draining any glass you put before me, whether I want it or not. My Asst. Waiter took to bringing the iced tea TWO GLASSES AT A TIME, and I still kept him running. Unintentionally. I would have been happy to slow down my drinking, as I filled up so much with liquid that a) I couldn't eat as much as I may have liked and b) I never made it through a dinner without having to excuse myself for the rest room at least once. LOL!

Hi,Just wanted to add my 2 cents to troyandamy we had an aft cabin 8th deck on the Infinity and the only thing that rained down on us was sunshine.The problem with an aft cabin is that you don't want to book anything else on your next cruise.

The persian garden is the steam bath area of the spa inside there is the etruscan chamber which is a private area for massages.We get the pass to use the persian gardens for the cruise,we really enjoy the steam baths its relaxing and makes your skin feel nice.In the mens and womens room at the spa there is a sauna and its free.

Tom

On the art auctions on Celebrity, simply by attending you get a free glass of champagne . I have also received free artwork on all of my four previous Celebrity Cruises by answering a trivia question. Who are the best selling artists of the 20th century? Chagall, Peter Max, Picasso, and Salvador Dali. The same question has been asked on all four cruises. It may be because those are the artists with the highest pricetags on the art for sale or perhaps they are the biggest selling artists. Either way, I always have a fun time at the art auctions, get educated and enjoy the afternoon.

Anyone who cruised the Zenith to Bermuda. I have a question about the spa. Did you partake in any of the spa services? There are so many choices and I have so little experience but am enticed. :confused:

Archived