Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

I Just Had A Great Experience With Cierra From The Rci Crown Capt Club- Yes I Am Booked On A Celeb Cruise (ne/can Leaves In 2 Days) And I Had A Problem With Online Registration, And The Number In Red That The Site Told Me To Call Ended Up With Rci As Above. Much Easier Than Some Of My Previous Interactions With Booking Through The Straight Internet Site.

Pps The Stock=cabin Credit Was Also Very Easy To Get -last Week!!

Thanks For All The "secrets"!!!!!!!

If you are on Zenith in Bermuda and have an early tee time, order your breakfast the night before on your tv. We did room service, asked it be delivered between 6 & 6:30 and it came at 6:15. This worked great for us. We did our cruise in October 2003, so not sure if anything has changed.

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has been going on for a while. I pick up quite a few TIPS abot FOOD. I have been doing cruise for 25+ times. Most of time for interesting ports of call. Some time just for nothing better to do. What will be cheaper than spending a week or so on a cruise ship to enjoy the food? I will be on Galaxy for the E. Mediterranean on Nov 20. In two weeks! This will be my fouth trips heading that region. Ports of call & food, 50-50.

I am very happy to hear that Celebrity is famouse for serving tasty food.

Since some of the useful-food, SECRETS were posted a while back. I wonder are they still valid. I have some questions hope some of our member can help out:

1. Requesting chocolate desert for cabin, or escargo & Cream brulee every night, is this limited to people staying in suite & CC cabin only? I know they get specail treatment. Mine is an outside cabin.

2. Can I ask for two Croissants wth my coffee at the Cova Coffee? Some where I have read there are two flavors, almond & chocolate.

3. Are the Spa food still available on the recent Galaxy cruises? Is it for every one onboard or only for people signed up for spa treatment package?

4. Windsurf Cafe for $2, is the $2 you tip to the server?

Thank for answering my queations.

Does Celebrity Have a website(s) that has clearance cruises – cruises discounted after the deposit has not been paid and the rooms are now available. Royal Caribbean has several of these sites.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/happy_hour/HappyHour_rci_tues.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/promowave/RCL.pdf

Thanks

Hi RealTorron,

Can you explain these sites again. If I understand correctly, deposits were made, and cruise cancelled. Can one find out cabin number available as well? When booking with these sepcials, is it total payment at one, time..or deposit and than payments?

Thanks,

Daphna

Thanks

Wee just returned from the 10/17/06 Celebrity Millennium Mediteraneam Cruise. We were pleasantly surprised that not only wasn't Bridge canceled, but that there was still a card room, and there was Party Bridge EVERY DAY (including port days) at 10:15 a.m. and 2:15 p.m.

On the first at sea day, we had 7 TABLES for the afternoon session.

There were no bridge lessons or bridge director, but at least there were set times for interested bridge players to get together. One game my wife filled in playing with women from Santiago, Chile, Ireland, and England, and she really enjoyed herself.

Bridge directors and duplicate bridge games will only be available on cruises with at least 3 at sea days (and at least 10 or 12 total days).

Kudos to Celebrity for listening to our complaints after their initial announcement in August.

Yes, Chick's Pal is correct. On our April Cruise I was upset there was no Chocolate Chiffon Pie and our tablemates were upset there was no Key Lime pie. The last night of the cruise (it was only 7 nights), we all had a piece of each pie at our table.

That's the problem when you get use to taking longer than a 7 night cruises, you get desserts that are not on the 7 night menu.

I am beginning to think the crew really tries to NEVER say no. We asked for chocolate milk after late seating dinner one night. Our waiter took a couple minutes to think (I think he was just trying to figure out where he could get it at that hour) but returned a short time later with the milk. Every night after that he was ready with chocolate milk. Celebrity does know service!

The chocolate chip ice cream is awesome! It was chocolate ice cream with chocolate chips, sooo good. They served it one night for dessert and I liked it so much, I told the waiter and he had the maitre d come over, he had it made for me for the rest of the cruise.

The pizza and pasta on Summit are awesome too!!

Cartegena was absolutely beautiful, but would suggest going on a guided tour from the ship. I wouldn't feel safe wandering off my own there. It is the poorest country I have seen in all my years of cruising. Be sure to tour to the cathedral high above the city and the Fort is also interesting. It is frowned upon in the cathetral for women to wear shorts and tank tops. Be sure to respect the culture, even though it can be amazingly hot, and dress appropriately. There are bargains to be found in the little swap meet shops that some of the tours take you on. They will try to imply you can only shop in the one and only one they take you to, but you can wander down a door or two and the deals are so much better. It was an amazing city and we are so glad to have had the opportunity to see it, but safety is a concern....just travel in groups to make it a bit better.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a "big time" Celebrity Secret!!!! If your husband is over 5'11" do not book yourself into a Sky Suite!! Save your money!!! You will not be able to stand up in the shower!!! My husband is 6'4" and had a miserable time trying to navigate the space while all stouped over!! What a disappointment!! For the amount of money we spent, $7300, it was a rip off! From what we could figure out, it is a design flaw in that class of ship. First of all the space between decks is slightly over 7' tall --- then there is the step up into the bathroom area -- then the bathtub area is higher. All this adds up to "no ceiling height" in the shower. We talked to everyone on the ship and got that cold blank stare!! Our travel agent tried to discuss the problem with his Celebrity representative, and all he got was the "I don' give a damm" attitude. Even he was very disappointed with the very poor customer service attitude!:(

Here's what I gathered - it's not inclusive but things that I was interested in:

"alternative casual dining" in the Windsurf Café for $2. Choice of two appetizers -- fruit salad and smoked salmon, Caesar or iceberg lettuce, Cream of Carolina (corn) soup and four entrees: Roast Chicken, Salmon, Sirloin Steak and Lasagna. .. probably be the absolute best cruise ship dinner I have ever had that wasn't in a fancy "extra service charge" type venue. called on the room phone and made the reserrvation that day for the informal dining. I left the $2 on the table.

Served every night (just ask for it):

NY Strip Steak

Shrimp cocktail – ask in advance

Salmon and baked potato or mashed potatoes

Cesare salad

Asparagus and tomatoes any time you ask

Chicken breast

Have your waiter bring the Maitre d' to your table. Ask him if you can have escargots as an appetizer at each future meal.

Vegetarian menu: Might have some nice dishes to try in addition to the regular menu, such as pastas or interesting veggie dishes.

You can order fresh berries - rasberries, blueberries, strawberries -- with whipped cream every night for desert. And the whipped cream is fresh. Perfect for those on a low-carb diet!

Creme brulee available every night at dinner IF you pre-order it. You can ask them to make anything for your table for dessert and as long as you give them one day's notice you can have your desired desserts. Their Keylime pie is out of this world!!

Ask for a plate of raw vegetables, carrots, celery, fennel and the like to be placed on the table for dinner.

Ask for extra breadsticks and a cheese and fruit plate before dinner in the dining room as an appetizer.

In the cova you pay for coffees, hot chocolate, etc, but the pastries and cookies are free! The chocolate croissants in the Cova Cafe are not the same as served elsewhere on the ship. They are only made there and are worth the trip.

The room service chocolate chip cookies are HUGE!!

In the very back of the ship, there is also another place you can get sandwiches and some theme/ethnic foods, like Indian & Mexican. In the AM, that's where they make the waffles!!!!!!!!

Cheese and fruit plates for the dinner table OR for the room while getting ready for dinner.

Ask waiter to prepare a wrapped cheese plate/fruit plate to back to my cabin to have later as a snack.

I frequently ordered another appetizer in place of the soup course - never a problem. Our waiter also brought a big plate of bleu cheese every night for the table for the salad course - all of us shared a little for the salad.

The sushi bar is great. Ask for a sashimi platter

Room Service: If it's not on the breakfast door card, then just write in what you want. Ask for eggs benedict, omelet's, and pancakes, grapefruit, etc.

At the breakfast toast station: Instead of plain bagels and toast: Always on display are large assortments of some very nice specialty whole grain, rye and seed breads that look very fancy, as well as some nice looking bagels (variety and style) and other rolls. They will happily slice and toast any of these if you request them.

Over-the-counter seasickness meds at customer service or the purser's desk are free.

The staff that you name in your compliments "brownie points" which add up to extra days off, good assignments and promotions.

Internet class, you an get free internet for 30 minutes (you just have to sit through the class).

Great tips...:D .....Thanks so much...:)

• 2 weeks later...

to all who asked about the persian garden hers is the scoop.

persian garden is part of the spa deck located near the beauty salon.

What you don't get from the line is that for $99 you get a pass good for the entire cruise what ever the length. Must be purchased on the day you board at the desk where you book you hair appointments.

Regular rate is $25 per day.'

Persian Spa is an extra room with 4 different steam room one is especially nice for anyone with sinus trouble has eucalyptus vapors.

also includes showers with lots of different spray as well as aroma therapy fragrances.

one of the steam rooms is just right tempature to relax and enjoy the soft music and lighting and music as you relax after a long day off the ship.

I have done this on two cruises but remember you must purchase pass for entire cruise on the first day on board.

you can use it as many times per day as you wish.

Hope this answers all your questions. nothing like going in the allaso therapy pool, the hot tub and then the Persian Garden a refreshing shower and your ready for a night out.

first night formal I have seen tux's and lots of dress suits on the Summit and Consellation have seen more tux's but a dark blue or black suit will do just as well.

Happy crusing hope to see some of you on the Galaxy in January.

For the Persian Garden, you get a discount if you are two people, total check 150.00. Its nice,, but i feel that princesses was better. It is very relaxing indeed. I used it in conjunction with the thassolatherapy pool..amazing peace within your self..

Daph

Are there a steam room and shower on the Constellation that a passenger can use without a pass? Sometimes I like to shower at the spa because the shower stalls in some cabins are so small.

There is a sauna, three shower stalls, also, wash basins, towels, mirrors, razors and shaving cream in the men's changing room on deck 10 at the Thalossotherapy pool.

The women's changing room is the same, except I don't know about the shaving supplies.

Larry,

Can you elaborate a bit on the luggage tags. How do I know what to change them to. For instance, If I want to get off last...and am not catching a flight..suggestions..Do you really have to put your luggage out at night?

thanks

Daphna

yes you have to put your luggage out the night before because you DO NOT want to take it yourself in the morning. at the information desk you should find luggage extra tags. daily newsletter (cruise compass i think it is called on c) might show what color tag time to depart:mad: the ship. if not just tell the information desk that you have an early flight in the a m and they willl give you the tag to get off first or second.

• 2 weeks later...
"alternative casual dining" in the Windsurf Café for $2. Choice of two appetizers -- fruit salad and smoked salmon, Caesar or iceberg lettuce, Cream of Carolina (corn) soup and four entrees: Roast Chicken, Salmon, Sirloin Steak and Lasagna. .. probably be the absolute best cruise ship dinner I have ever had that wasn't in a fancy "extra service charge" type venue. called on the room phone and made the reserrvation that day for the informal dining. I left the $2 on the table.

Served every night (just ask for it):

NY Strip Steak

Shrimp cocktail – ask in advance

Salmon and baked potato or mashed potatoes

Cesare salad

Asparagus and tomatoes any time you ask

Chicken breast

Have your waiter bring the Maitre d' to your table. Ask him if you can have escargots as an appetizer at each future meal.

Vegetarian menu: Might have some nice dishes to try in addition to the regular menu, such as pastas or interesting veggie dishes.

You can order fresh berries - rasberries, blueberries, strawberries -- with whipped cream every night for desert. And the whipped cream is fresh. Perfect for those on a low-carb diet!

Creme brulee available every night at dinner IF you pre-order it. You can ask them to make anything for your table for dessert and as long as you give them one day's notice you can have your desired desserts. Their Keylime pie is out of this world!!

Ask for a plate of raw vegetables, carrots, celery, fennel and the like to be placed on the table for dinner.

Ask for extra breadsticks and a cheese and fruit plate before dinner in the dining room as an appetizer.

In the cova you pay for coffees, hot chocolate, etc, but the pastries and cookies are free! The chocolate croissants in the Cova Cafe are not the same as served elsewhere on the ship. They are only made there and are worth the trip.

The room service chocolate chip cookies are HUGE!!

In the very back of the ship, there is also another place you can get sandwiches and some theme/ethnic foods, like Indian & Mexican. In the AM, that's where they make the waffles!!!!!!!!

Cheese and fruit plates for the dinner table OR for the room while getting ready for dinner.

Ask waiter to prepare a wrapped cheese plate/fruit plate to back to my cabin to have later as a snack.

I frequently ordered another appetizer in place of the soup course - never a problem. Our waiter also brought a big plate of bleu cheese every night for the table for the salad course - all of us shared a little for the salad.

The sushi bar is great. Ask for a sashimi platter

Room Service: If it's not on the breakfast door card, then just write in what you want. Ask for eggs benedict, omelet's, and pancakes, grapefruit, etc.

At the breakfast toast station: Instead of plain bagels and toast: Always on display are large assortments of some very nice specialty whole grain, rye and seed breads that look very fancy, as well as some nice looking bagels (variety and style) and other rolls. They will happily slice and toast any of these if you request them.

Over-the-counter seasickness meds at customer service or the purser's desk are free.

The staff that you name in your compliments "brownie points" which add up to extra days off, good assignments and promotions.

Internet class, you an get free internet for 30 minutes (you just have to sit through the class).

Is all of the above information current?

Does anyone know waht types of cheese are offered?

You can get so many types of cheeses. When our extended family cruises we have the dinner table pre-set w/ shrimp cocktails and cheese trays ( just ask the first night) as well as fresh berries for dessert each evening.

Someone mentioned a "coffee card" for the Cova Cafe ( like the soda card) does anyone know if this is really available? We sail this Thursday on the Century and I do love good coffee.:D

:( In October 2006, I booked a sailing on the Millenium for 12/10/2006 through Expedia. My spouse and I showed up at FLL on 12/10 and were told the Millenium had been cancelled and that all passengers had been notified except for us!!! We were also told that we would be refunded our money for the Millenium Cruise plus be given $1400 in vouchers towards a future cruise. After spending 4 hours on our cell phones with Celebrity and with Expedia, (neither of which were very helpful), we found out that the Century was had room for it's 12/11 sailing, so we took that instead. Rather than being given this as our free cruise, we were told we had to pay for it!!! $1200+!!!!!! We went from a 7 night cruise to a 5 night cruise, incurring two hotel nights, and also incurring the cost of getting from Fort Lauderdale to The Miami cruiseport and back to Fort Lauderdale (that's where our flights were and where Millenium was to have sailed from). The next day, we arrived at the Miami cruiseport, everything went okay, up to a point. After we actually boarded and went to our room, we found out our room was already OCCUPIED!!!!!!! We actually had to be given 3 different rooms in order to get one that was empty!! How I wish I had gone home instead! We spent a short week with food that wasn't as good as it had been on the Horizon back in 1994. The last night of the cruise, I was given the toughest steak for dinner that I have ever had aboard a cruise and this was my 12th cruise. It seems the cabin stewards dipped into the liquor supply in our cabin, because we incurred $12 in costs for liquor taken from our little fridge in the room, even though we never went into it. To top it off, we got off of the ship on the morning of 12/16 and on the evening of 12/17, I came down with the flu, or something very like it, which I obviously caught aboard ship. I will never sail Celebrity again. We have never had troubles like this with RCCL (who we sailed before they bought up Celebrity), Princess or HAL. For anyone taking any cruise anywhere, I give this warning...call the cruise line a day or two before you leave home to make sure the sailing hasn't been cancelled!! It may save you an awful lot of aggravation. As for my opinion of Celebrity, all I can say is this, they are a substandard cruise line pretending to be an industry leader.

Archived