Is half moon cay the snoozer it looks like?

sassafrass

Sorry but the excursions on carnival look boring. It is a mother/daughter cruise so drinking is out and it will be impossible to lay on the beach all day with our fair skin! Am I missing something? The horseback riding tour is the only thing I would probably be interested in. Maybe we will spend alot of time on the ship?

This island is definitly made for beach goers, I'm sorry to say. There aren't a ton of activities there since the island is uninhabited when a ship isn't around. I had booked the glass bottom boat excursion, but it was cancelled due to high wind. The weather was beautiful other than the wind, so I spent most of the day snorkeling. There were lots of big schooling fish and small tropical fish around the wall at the beach. I loved swimming around there since the beach was very protected by the shape of the island. There was also a covered sitting area where a band was playing if you need shade. If there's any way to get long sleeve/pant swimsuits or very high spf lotion I would really take advantage of the swimming area and pristine white sand. If the beach/snorkeling really isn't your thing, you would probably want to spend less time on the island and more on the ship. It's worth taking the tender just to check it out, though... very nice photo ops.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived