Residency rate question

msbunny

We have already paid in full for our 3/17 cruise on Enchantment. I just checked, and there is currently a residency discount for our state. I just left a message for my TA, who is pretty good a calling me back timely. Are we eligible for the discount now even though we are paid in full? Even if we get it in OBC I'd be thrilled.

We have already paid in full for our 3/17 cruise on Enchantment. I just checked, and there is currently a residency discount for our state. I just left a message for my TA, who is pretty good a calling me back timely. Are we eligible for the discount now even though we are paid in full? Even if we get it in OBC I'd be thrilled.

YEP

Consider it a start to your Libation Fund!!

:D

When my TA called me back, he had already called RCI to try to get me credit for the residency discount. They would not give it to him- they said because of whatever booking catagory I was in- or something like that, that we were not entitled to it. (maybe since I already got credit for a price drop a few months ago?) I told him I would give RCI a call myself, since I have read HERE that if you talk to 5 different people you could get 5 different answers. The person I spoke to said that RCI policy is to honor whatever the current rate is and that I would get a credit on my credit card. But since I booked through a TA, TA would have to call to get it done. I called TA back, told him all this, and he said he would try. TA got the credit for me, but was told that they really weren't supposed to do it because of my booking code. Bottom line- I got the credit. Be persistent! And I learned to regularly check the prices because of this board! Thank you!

When my TA called me back, he had already called RCI to try to get me credit for the residency discount. They would not give it to him- they said because of whatever booking catagory I was in- or something like that, that we were not entitled to it. (maybe since I already got credit for a price drop a few months ago?) I told him I would give RCI a call myself, since I have read HERE that if you talk to 5 different people you could get 5 different answers. The person I spoke to said that RCI policy is to honor whatever the current rate is and that I would get a credit on my credit card. But since I booked through a TA, TA would have to call to get it done. I called TA back, told him all this, and he said he would try. TA got the credit for me, but was told that they really weren't supposed to do it because of my booking code. Bottom line- I got the credit. Be persistent! And I learned to regularly check the prices because of this board! Thank you!

This is exactly why i seldom use a TA and keep control over my own bookings.

First time on RCI. How do you know if there is a discount for your state?

Well, I just make it a habit to check the website every few days or once a week. I go through the booking process if there is a residency rate, it will show the discount.

First time on RCI. How do you know if there is a discount for your state?

Well, I just make it a habit to check the website every few days or once a week. I go through the booking process, if there is a residency rate, it will show the discount.

Our state is never in the residency specials. We could have saved over $500 if we qualified for a cruise we were looking at. We booked with another line instead. I don't understand why I should have had to pay the extra $500 plus just because of the state I live in--are we known to eat more or take super long showers or what:confused: ? I wish someone at RCL could explain this or add my state to the list of lower rates.

Archived