Stinky socks before a cruise...eeeehw!

bettyonboard

My BF and I are doing a "land tour" before our cruise in Alaska. We are flying into Fairbanks Sept 3rd, and doing the train and motorcoach through Denali etc. before we board the Summit on Sept 7th. THis is our first cruise ever, and thanks to these boards I usually have all my questions answered. I understand the laundry fees onboard, but frankily I don't want the poor soul who takes my BF's socks to faint, or fellow passengers' waffles to taste like stinky socks as they are being led to the laundry. So is weird to ask does anyone hit a laundry mat between such adventures? Or do I take the humiliation and hand over the socks and other laundry once onboard. I have never in my adult life ever had ANYONE do my laundry, so I might just hand over my suitcase just to see what its like! I also had visions of washing them in the sink and hanging them on the balcony, but I was afraid someone on this board will be on that cruise and it will be posted everywhere that frozen socks were flying onto other verandahs.;)

When it comes to things such as socks and underwear, we bring our "cruise stash" of said things with us.

We have purchased enough socks and underwear to have nice, clean ones for every day of the cruise. This applies to our children as well. They really don't take up too much room in the suitcase, and you don't have to send them out to be laundered.

Donna

I would just send them to the laundry. Wrap them in a dirty shirt.

We did a work vacation in Mexico before going to Vegas once, and I planned on leaving all of our dirty clothes in Mexico. And we did. Leave dirty clothes in Mexico (hopefully someone got good use out of them) and fly straight to Vegas! The only way to go!

Shay

It is really very easy to wash your socks in the sink or while showering.Once washed simply hang them up on the cord that is in the shower area.you will be pleasantly surprised just how fast they dry .Also ,you will get a bonus by saving a lot of money by doing them yourself & no worry about smelly socks offending others:D

Archived