Cruise plans--IAH to La Porte (Transport help)

TouchdownJesus

Hi everyone, I just wanted to get some input on some plans for a 3/17 cruise date. We will be flying into IAH and staying at the Comfort Suites in La Porte the night before the cruise.

First Question: What is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? We were thinking of taking one of the shuttle services. Are these available at the airport without a reservation?

Second Question: Comfort Suites said that they don't have a shuttle from the hotel to the port, but in the past few days, some people on this site have stated that there was a shuttle service. Can anyone clear this up? If there isn't, is a cab the best way to get from the hotel to the port?

Third Question: I just talked to the lady from NCL and she said that return shuttle service from the port to IAH was 25 dollars per person. I wasn't sure if I understood her correctly, so can someone verify this? Also, is this a good way to get back to the airport upon debarkation?

Thanks for all your help; I haven't traveled using shuttles or cabs before, so I'm nervous about the trip. Thanks!

We will be doing the same route the following week - IAH to Comfort Suites the day before, and then to the port on Saturday. We are renting a car from Enterprise at IAH, one way to drop off at the port. About $30 plus tax, and we will use it Friday afternoon and evening as well as getting from the hotel to the port. I think it is the lowest cost way.

I wanted a car for the return trip port to IAH on Sunday, but they are sold out on our return date (3/31). Normally the car can be picked up at the port.

You can rent a car from Enterprise in IAH as was previously suggested. Enterprise has a dropoff location at the port. You can also purchase from NCL a roundtrip transfer from either airport Intercontinental or Hobby of 50.00 roundtrip per person. You can purchase the transfer on the day of sailing. Call NCL for details.

Archived