Wrap-Around Promenade Walk?

We're new to RCL. We really enjoy getting some exercise walking around the Promenade Deck on, for example, Princess ships - it's better than the "jogging track" on the top deck since there is some shade on the Promenade Level (~Deck 7). Do any of the newer RCL ships have such a deck for walking? It doesn't appear so from the deck plan layouts.

The Voyager class and the Radiance class have walk-able promenades, although at the bow of the ship you must go up some stairs to another level (the way to the helipad!)so yes, you can walk all the way around the ship.

The Sovereign of the Seas has a full-wrap promenade all on one level; I'm guessing that the Monarch and the Majesty do; my memory fades....

The Empress has an all-teak! full-wrap promenade deck--divine, with full-sized shuffleboard courts.

It has been too long since I have been on a Vision-class ship; I cannot remember what their promenade decks are like.

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

How about the Grandeur?

Yes Grandeur has one. All of the Royal Caribbean ships have them, even Sovereign, but I am not sure about Empress, I kind of doubt it. The Carnival ship we sailed on didn't have one, it was so strange not having one, I didn't like it.

Attached are 3 thumbnails of DW on Explorer's outside Decks 4/5. Deck 4 runs 2/3rds of the way 'round the ship, and you'll need to go up one flight of steps to reach Deck 5 for the final 200 ft towards the bow and helipad area.

First pic is the bow area (with crewmember varnishing the teak benches in the background).

Second pic is at the Dec 4/5 split during a windy day,

and the third pic is at the stern showing the full width of the Deck 4...and yes, that's about as crowded as it got the whole week we were on board.

Shuffleboard is on Deck 4, btw.

Happy Cruising,

Alan

100_0719.jpg.0c58ef5760d1b0893d0c8a4b79b4f3ec.jpg

100_0953.jpg.0d18525d80a65494a59cd8082385a5eb.jpg

100_0726.jpg.f5cae07d03b583dbda2b5431310648b9.jpg

Archived