How to collect promised Room Credits

SuMac

We were aboard the Dream back in October 2005 which was rerouted due to a hurricane, missing three of the ports, and another added. Had a wonderful time anyway, no regrets there.

But to appease the passengers who were ranting and petiion-signing, they promised us each $100 room credits on our next cruise. Now that we're taking that next cruise, we realize we had nothing in writing! And when we booked this one, they failed to find any record that we had even taken this cruise until we gave them exact dates & such. We didn't even think to ask about the credits at the time, we were so relieved that they actually found it. Has anyone had any experience in claiming a promised credit?

We decided to wait until we're on the ship to attempt this. Remind them this was our honeymoon, and the trip was so important to us, that we want to take it again, and maybe get a discount to do so onboard too. Any suggestions?

Guest BeckyThane

SuMac, it's not at all unusual for the cruiselines to not be able to find your folio unless you can tell them the ship & sailing date of your cruise. What would be best is if you have your Latitudes number or your passenger number from your last cruise -- it'll be on your cruise ticket, if you saved if for a memento. But they should be able to find you with ship & sailing date.

I would call customer service back, and if necessary, keep escalating through supervisors. Once you remind them that you were on a cruise where a credit was promised, provide that ship & sailing date, and they can verify you were on the manifest, I see no reason why they won't be able to go ahead and credit your account.

I would not, however, wait until you are aboard the ship. I'd be willing to bet money that the agents on board will not have as full and complete access to your folio as the land-based customer service.

We Received cruise credits of $264. each for DW and I last year for some problems we had on the Spirit. Our credits were attached to our Latitudes numbers. When we booked for May, again on Spirit, the TA just had to give our Latitudes numbers and the discount was applied. I would suggest you call NCL with your Latitudes number to see if they may have attached the credit to your account.

Good Luck

We were aboard the Dream back in October 2005 which was rerouted due to a hurricane, missing three of the ports, and another added. Had a wonderful time anyway, no regrets there.

But to appease the passengers who were ranting and petiion-signing, they promised us each $100 room credits on our next cruise. Now that we're taking that next cruise, we realize we had nothing in writing! And when we booked this one, they failed to find any record that we had even taken this cruise until we gave them exact dates & such. We didn't even think to ask about the credits at the time, we were so relieved that they actually found it. Has anyone had any experience in claiming a promised credit?

We decided to wait until we're on the ship to attempt this. Remind them this was our honeymoon, and the trip was so important to us, that we want to take it again, and maybe get a discount to do so onboard too. Any suggestions?

I was on the same Oct. 2005 sailing... We got a letter at check in stating the 100.00 credit.. BUT it had to be used before Oct. 2006.. I sailed in 2006 and got my credits with no problem...

Do not wait until you get on the ship! Deal with this now. However, as another poster said, it appears that the OBC has expired.

Archived