upper bed comfort?????

mprucha

Just wondering what it's like sleeping on either the couch that makes into a bed or the upper pull down bed? Are they comfortable? If not, anyone have a good idea how to make them comfortable? We have the pads we can put on them but just wondering. I have teens sleeping on them so trying to see what I needed to do so they sleep well. All suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Our daughter loves the uppers! She says they are so comfy, plus it allows those of us who rise before noon on vacation to sit on the sofa! I climbed up and tried her upper for a nap one afternoon and she was right, they are very comfortable!

Both of my boys have slept in the Uppers and on the sofa (and on the cot) for years without any complaints.

Oldest son is always in the Upper. (He is now 6' 4" and never had a problem.)

With the upper you do not get the comfy duvet...just the blue blanket....and as stated earlier...do double check that AC.

My wife and I both tried out sleeping in an upper.

There is NO WAY IN THE WORLD that we would EVER do that again.

It is a pain (for adults at any rate) getting up and down on the small stepped ladder in the middle of the night in a dark cabin - especially if you went to bed slightly tipsy! A night light would help - but we found the bed to be WAY WAY less comfortable than the regular CCL beds.

I am sure for a kid it is not an issue (or for someone who is used to one).

But... that is just us!

Tom

My sons (9 &11) had no problems sleeping in either the upper or sofa beds. Of course, they were half-unconscious when we put them to bed each night and I'm sure that yours will be too.

The only think I didn't like was the cheap blue blankets. Although my son didn't mind, on our next cruise I'm going to ask the Steward to replace it with a duvet.

Archived