new to carnival

dyin2cruz

Hi, I'm Debbie. My family and I just booked a Liberty cruise on 6/3/07. We have only sailed on RCI, but the price was sooooooo good!!!! We had booked a cabin on a mountain lake in NC for vacation this year , but when I found this price, I talked the whole family into the cruise as we go to mountain lake regularly for vacation. Now I get a vacation too!!!!! No cooking or cleaning or shopping or laundry. WOW!!!! Anyone have anything I should know about Carnival? OMG I can hardly wait!!!!! My DH and I are early 40's, kids are DD's 14 and 11. 102 days and counting.Thanks for any tips. These threads are the best. We booked IS cabin GUAR to get great rate. First time for GUAR cabin, but I figure they have to make sure we will all fit in cabin and we will be on the ship and that's all that matters!!!! Happy cruisin to all!!!:)

I completely understand about the "no cooking etc" thing.

We love cruising in general because everyone can do their own thing and no one is overly burdened with the day to day chores. (one reason I am a little hesitant about this motorhome we bought last year)

Carnival specifically will have great entertainment for the kids. If they are still 11 and 14 at the time they sail, they will be in different groups at Camp Carnival. (9-11 and 12-14)

Cabins are not huge, but certainly has had plenty of room for our family of four all these years. Food is good (especially when I don't have to cook it).

I do not think you will find many differences between Carnival and RCCL.

Carnival does have 24 hour pizza and ice cream. RCCL has that wonderful "adult only area" that is apparently actually enforced.

Food can go either way.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your family time together...it passes way to fast.

Thanks everyone for all the tips and encouragement. Sportster John, we usually go to either Hayesville or Hiawassee and stay on Lake Chatuge. It is so beautiful there. I wish we had bought some land up there before it got too expensive! We have also went to the Lake Hartwell area a couple of times, it's nice too, but not as great as Lake Chatuge. I hear that the Chimney Rock and Cherokee areas are gorgeous too. I will get on the roll call for the cruise!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Archived