100 Gift certificate question about redeeming

Illinoisgal

Hi I have 4 of the Carnival 100.00 cruise gift certificates(not fun ship dollars) these you must call Carnival Cruise Lines Promotion Desk at 1-800-794-6225 Has anyone used these? Doyou still get your past guest discounts and such? Any help or advice is appreciated Thanks

I've booked two cruises using them, each time I had $700. I was able to use mine through my PVP, even after explaining that it said I had to call the 1-800 #, it wasn't a problem!! And, yes, you do get the past guest discount, or you can even book on a sale day.

The first cruise, I paid my deposit by credit card and then applied the $700 to the final payment, so everything got paid at one time. This second time, I paid $1000 deposit by credit card (4 of us) and then sent the gift certs in and they credited $700 back to my card, so I still have that final payment to make. (I hope that's not too confusing)

It does take 7-10 business days upon receipt for Carnival to apply them to your account. I always call and make sure they have been received.

Make sure you make front and back copies, and send them registered mail, and get a confirmation. I also insured mine for their value, just in case!!

Anymore questions, please ask!! Happy sailing and enjoy!!

I've booked two cruises using them, each time I had $700. I was able to use mine through my PVP, even after explaining that it said I had to call the 1-800 #, it wasn't a problem!! And, yes, you do get the past guest discount, or you can even book on a sale day.

The first cruise, I paid my deposit by credit card and then applied the $700 to the final payment, so everything got paid at one time. This second time, I paid $1000 deposit by credit card (4 of us) and then sent the gift certs in and they credited $700 back to my card, so I still have that final payment to make. (I hope that's not too confusing)

It does take 7-10 business days upon receipt for Carnival to apply them to your account. I always call and make sure they have been received.

Make sure you make front and back copies, and send them registered mail, and get a confirmation. I also insured mine for their value, just in case!!

Anymore questions, please ask!! Happy sailing and enjoy!!

So you could apply them to a booking you had already amde? It says you cant but I just booked 2 cruises last week and paid the depo on both, it would be nice to be able to use those. One I booked online and one throught my pvp can I apply tose to either ?

I'm assuming you mean the $100.00 off coupons from the Entertainment Book.

They are good on seleced sailings only and can be combined with "some" discounts. If you booked direct, contact your PVP or CVS at Carnival and ask if the coupon is applicable to your sialing, if so, they will instruct you on how and where to send it in. This coupon is not good for all sailings immediately, sometimes a sailing gets opened to accept it even months after booking it, so if they say no at first, keep checking.

If you booked through a TA either ask them to check with Carnival for you, or play dumb, check with Carnival yourself (ask for your sailing but act like your just shopping for prices) and then if they say yes, then insist that you're TA submit it for you to Carnival. Some might say no, since it could cut their commission.

my gift certificates weren't coupons. They were rewards from my Citi Card.

Illinoisgal, I used mine for final payment, but I basically did it all at one time. I made the deposit via CC, then told them I was mailing in the gift certs to cover what was left. So when final payment came due, I owed them nothing.

If I were you, I would call the toll free # and explain that I just received my gift certs and wanted to apply them to final payment. Really, I don't think they will have a problem with it as long as you booked through Carnival, and not a TA. I was told I could send more in for final payment, but just to call them first and let them know and they would document it on my record. Let me know what happens; I'm anxious to hear smileamile127@hotmail.com Thanks!!

Archived