Nice FLL Beach/ Marina hotel

teachergal29

I am trying to decide which hotel would be best for a 2 day pre-cruise stay in FLL. I thought I had it down to the Hyatt Pier 66 or the Marriott BeachPlace Tower. Does anyone have first hand info on these places. We will be traveling with 2 other couples. We would like to enjoy the amenities of the hotel/area for the full day we will be at the hotel before the cruise. We also plan on staying in FLL for a day after the cruise. I don't know if going through Exp. would be better than doing flight and hotel separately. I'm so confused!!! Someone please help. I don't want to steer my friends and us in the wrong direction.:confused:

The Marriott Marina Hotel is no longer, it's now the Ft Lauderdale Grande.

Of the two, Hyatt Pier 66 would be my choice. It's a resort, situated on 22 lush tropical acres, the intra coastal. Sitting by the pool, if you didn't know any better you would think you were staying at a resort in the caribbean. It's georgeous.

Thanks so much, Bequia. I just wrote on another thread this same question and then read your answer here. I think the Hyatt is where we'll stay. (Now would I be better going through Exp. or do air and hotel separatle to maybe have more choice of where our room might be??)

I really appreciate your infomation. I've read a lot of your responses and you seem very knowledgeable about this area. I will take your recommendation to my friends.

Thank you very much for responding

I would price it out both ways. Last time I went to Vegas I flew Southwest and stayed at NYNY. Booked Southwest online, got NYNY on Priceline for under $100. If you book direct with the hotel you'll pay thru the teeth. I'd try my luck on Priceline, it's the only 4* hotel in the "beach zone". My experience with the Hyatt is that if the hotel isn't sold out they'll put you in any room you request, even if you won it on PL.

I would price it out both ways. Last time I went to Vegas I flew Southwest and stayed at NYNY. Booked Southwest online, got NYNY on Priceline for under $100. If you book direct with the hotel you'll pay thru the teeth. I'd try my luck on Priceline, it's the only 4* hotel in the "beach zone". My experience with the Hyatt is that if the hotel isn't sold out they'll put you in any room you request, even if you won it on PL.

Please can you help me with how to deal with Priceline - we are going January 12th next year and want to stay here for three nights pre Emerald Princess cruise. How is the best way to do this please without breaking the bank and booking direct? In anticipation.................:) :)

Please can you advise me on Priceline and how it works? We plan a three day pre Emerald Princess cruise January 12th next year. Thanks in anticipation................:) :)

Please can you advise me on Priceline and how it works? We plan a three day pre Emerald Princess cruise January 12th next year. Thanks in anticipation................:) :)

You have plenty of time to do your Priceline homework. Take the time time to go through each link I've posted below.Here is the link to the Priceline help center. Read everything carefully. Don't be intimidated, Priceline is simple. If you understand how the process works you can come up with a good deal more often then not.

http://www.priceline.com/customerservice/faq/csmain.asp

Be sure you understand Pricelines terms and conditions, few people read it until they realize they made a mistake:

http://www.priceline.com/Customerservice/faq/ShowHelp.asp?session_key=5C0011AC5D0011AC2007022400295103e040863878&faq=ext(AIRPOP_TERMS)

Another very helpful web site that will guide you:

http://betterbidding.com/

If after researching from the links provided you still have questions, post them here. I'm sure the responses will pour in.

Archived