Grandeur of the Seas - Question

Hi Bonnie,

how was canada? i bet you had a wonderful cruise! thanks for the balcony information! I am getting ready to book 7/17/05 to bermuda. is it better to use travel agent? ( mine is in salisbury,md) or use an online one?

Just found out that montekat lives right down the road from me isnt that a small world!!

although I have no other ship to compare to i just loved Grandeur! & our room with a window was fine but i would love to sit on my own balcony & hear the ocean!

Granyts, tell me all about bermuda!! is it tropical like in the caribbean? i like the itenerary of this 5 night cruise becasue we will be in the same port a couple of days!

hope to hear from every one soon!!

Hi Pam! I had a wonderful Canadian Cruise on Voyager of the Seas! I sailed with my Mother-in-law, who also lives in Seaford! She and I go on a cruise together every year. We have a great time! Next Summer she and I are doing a short (4-night) Bahamas/Key West cruise on Majesty of the Seas in June. And, of course, I will be on Grandeur in July!!!!!! As far as who to book your Bermuda cruise with... If you were happy with your TA in Salisbury, then that would be a good choice, but I can tell you a couple of on-line agencies that are also very competitive (Buycruises.com and LastCallCruises.com). Check out their websites, but I would actually call them to book the cruise rather than book it online. They are both reputable and very helpful. I cruise so much myself, that I became an outside cruise agent so I can book my own cruises and keep the commission myself. I don't do it as a business though. It is a surprising amount of work! I have a lot of respect for Travel Agents who do it for a living! I booked a couple of cruises for some family members and they nearly drove me crazy! I will stick with my day job ;) and book my own cruises for fun! By the way, I am a school nurse. I am off all Summer which is great! I go back to work in a few weeks though :eek: It limits my cruising dates! I have to vacation either in the summer or on school vacations which is always the most expensive or most crowded time to go! I've never had a bad cruise though, so I guess I can't complain! When we take our Son along, we like there to be lots of kids! When we go as a couple, I don't really notice all the kids onboard. I think they keep them pretty busy! I think you mentioned not being bothered by the kids on Grandeur either. I think for the most part, the kids behave themselves and don't tend to "hang out" where the adult couples are hanging out. Well, I am getting a bit long-winded here! Sorry about that! Pam, feel free to e-mail me at bonniethomas2@comcast.net! We can look forward to our Grandeur/Bermuda cruise together!

We sailed on GOTS last September and loved it! That was Transatlantic from England.

In about 60 days (see below) we sail on Grandeur again, this time to Canada. Obviously we liked it enough to come right back. And now to be able to drive downtown to board, rather than flying is great.

Archived