Parking at New Orleans Pier

missingmaui

We are going to be driving into New Orleans for our cruise (23 March 2008). Is there a place to leave your car? :confused: I know it's not ideal, but it's really our only option. Do they have parking lots specifically for this purpose? If so, where are they, and what is the weekly charge? Thanks in advance. I can't wait to get this first-timer thing out of the way, so I don't feel so stupid! :o

Are you spending the night in New Orleans? I know of several hotels that offer free parking if you spend the night there. The Hampton Inn in Harahan is great, in a great neighborhood, has shopping across the street and places to eat within walking distance. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...
Other than the Hampton Inn in Harahan, what other hotels are you aware of that will allow you to park for free after you stay for the night? Thanks!

some listed here:http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/2/subsectionID/0

• 3 weeks later...
You can also park at www.nocruiseshipparking.com Much cheaper and they charge by the actual day. The New Orleans cruise terminal will charge you 6 days for a 5 day cruise, 8 days for a 7 day cruise.

Dave

It turns out we were overcharged an extra day Jan 23rd. The port is going to refund us back $14. They are confirming that the rate for a 5-day cruise is $70 not $84.

Dave

• 5 months later...
www.nocruiseshipparking.com

How safe is parking here.

We have been on several cruise out of NO and have not had any problems.

We are making plans to go on NCL Spirit in Dec.

Your vehicle is parked inside a three sided building. There is a fence which surrounds the front of the property and a gate that is locked at night.

Dave

This message goes out to all the people looking for parking while your cruise. I have used a great place in New Orleans called Machu Picchu Tours, they have a website as well www.machupicchutours.com. The website was not really updated since Katrina, but they are definetly still in business. They have sheltered, safe parking and they give you a drive to the pier. I actually took a tour with the same company as well and the tour guide was very friendly. Great service!:D

Happy Cruisin everyone!

We are going to be driving into New Orleans for our cruise (23 March 2008). Is there a place to leave your car? :confused: I know it's not ideal, but it's really our only option. Do they have parking lots specifically for this purpose? If so, where are they, and what is the weekly charge? Thanks in advance. I can't wait to get this first-timer thing out of the way, so I don't feel so stupid! :o

This message goes out to all the people looking for parking while your cruise. I have used a great place in New Orleans called Machu Picchu Tours, they have a website as well www.machupicchutours.com. The website was not really updated since Katrina, but they are definetly still in business. They have sheltered, safe parking and they give you a drive to the pier. I actually took a tour with the same company as well and the tour guide was very friendly. Great service!:D

Happy Cruisin everyone!

They are the same company as http://www.nocruiseshipparking.com that everyone has been talking about in this thread.

Dave

Archived