Tap Water

Solomom

Have never had a problem drinking the water from the tap on the ship or in the dining room. have had some posters claim on these boards that ship's water has a higher sodium content than bottled water, thus their ankles are swelling more than normal. Actually have never heard anyone with any credibility in the field of water content say that ship's water is higher in sodium content than the water that comes through my tap at home or the so called ``purified'' water I buy in bottles at my local grocery store.

I drink the water on ships. My DH drinks the water on the ships. After 17 cruises we aren't dead yet.

Dianne

But beware, it's SUPER warm. I don't recall even being able to get cold water into either bathroom (or shower) faucet.

Thats strange because I drank a glass of cold water from the tap daily.. also I do not like warm showers I prefer colder and I had no problems this was on both our cruises

I find the water on the ship taste musty. :p Sort of like well water. :p That is why I buy a soda card. :D But I read somewhere that Britta or one of the other water people has a sports bottle that has a filter on it. Can't find one! I bought those koolaid packages to take with me on my cruise on the Freedom.

Alice Faye

Why would it not be safe to drink? They wash the dishes in it, make the soup and ice cubes. You can't avoid it.

It is probably safer than most bottled water that's pumped out of the ground. It's obviously freshly made and closely monitored. Local science fair exhibit indicated some bottled "spring" waters have chloroform bacteria in them...Yuch.

The water served on the lido and in the restaurants has always tasted better than fine to me... very refreshing. However, I don't find the same thing with the faucet water... they taste completely different to me. Not sure if they go through a different process for drinking water, I would think they would... but the water on the ship is perfectly safe to drink, probably safer than your tap water at home.

I took a sports bottle type of water filter with me on my last cruise. I take a hot water pot and we have our tea in the morning in the room. The first day I used the filter; the next day, I blissfully forgot and later realized I couldn't tell any difference in the tea. So much for the water filter. I found it at a True Value hardware store in the water filter area, about a year ago.

Thank you everyone. I am not a big water drinker but my son is. I am happy to know that if he wants a drink of water in the middle of the night, He can have water that is included in the cruise price and available in our stateroom. Who would have thought that a question about tap water would produce so much discussion.

Solomom

very interesting! They charge for bottled water! Can it be included in a "soda card"? I live on bottled water!

Are there cruise lines that DON'T charge for bottled water?? :confused:

No, it's not included in the soda card...

Yes, you can bring on bottled water... but the water on the ship (not the tap) is VERY good, better than many brands of bottled water...

Archived