Using Diamond Ultimate Value Booklet coupons

I've recently been given an Ultimate Value coupon book from someone who didn't use it on a cruise earlier this summer. I'm a Gold Member; these coupons are for Diamond members. Will the crew stop us from using these coupons? There's spa discounts, match play, etc...I'd love to use them (better discounts than the Gold book) but if it's going to be a hassle, I'll consider putting it up on eBay (it's brand new with no coupons missing).

Cheers,

Esther

I don't know about Diamond, but I had no problem using Platinum coupons (and we're only Gold members). I also used a couple of coupons from our last cruise in December when we were on the Radiance earlier this month.

Then again, you could probably make some good money selling them on ebay...

If committing fraud doesn't bother you, you'll most likely be able to. Legally, per disclaimers on them, they are nontransferable and valid only for the sailing they were given on.

I don't think fraud is an appropriate response to the question.

There should be no problem using the coupons at all. If you don't want them, I'd be glad to purchase them from you for my upcoming cruise.

The person is not entitled to use the coupons, fraud is precisely what would be occurring.

Nope, can't say it bothers me :-)

Not trying to be flippant, but the coupons do not represent "free" services or commodities. If I take a 15% coupon and purchase a $100 spa service, then RCL makes $85, not $0. If I "buy one, get one free", I have to buy a drink. These coupons are designed to be used and to encourage spending.

I just read that at a CC M&M, someone won a diamond coupon booklet and they were gold level. So maybe it's not that big of a deal. I'll think about it.

If I do it, I won't put the coupons up for sale on eBay. I'll just put up an envelope. That the envelope happens to contain these coupons is pure luck for the bidder :)

epoulsen,

That's your choice. One time I made a $10 bet with a guy whether I could quit smoking for a month (back when I did smoke). When I asked him how he was going to check on me, he said, "I'm not, if your integrity is worth less than $10 to you, that's your problem not mine".

Also, if someone wins one at a M&M, it was given to them by RCI and they are entitled to use it.

If you found a coupon on the floor somewhere on the ship, you'd throw it away? Give me a break!!!
I don't use 90% of the ones in my booklet, what would I want with another one? Most likely, I'd not pick it up, otherwise I'd probably pick it up & set it on a table or something.

I don't use 90% of the ones in my booklet, what would I want with another one? Most likely, I'd not pick it up, otherwise I'd probably pick it up & set it on a table or something.

What if it was one that you could use. Maybe you'd turn it in to the lost and found. LOL

If committing fraud doesn't bother you, you'll most likely be able to. Legally, per disclaimers on them, they are nontransferable and valid only for the sailing they were given on.

Lighten up!!!!

Lighten up!!!!
Just telling it like it is. Here's the definition of coupon fraud, explain to me how using a nontransferable coupon given to someone else doesn't qualify.

Coupon Fraud: A fraud involving the misuse of coupons, usually either by the use or distribution of counterfeit coupons, by the use or distribution of altered coupons, or by using or distributing coupons intended for another person.

I'm sure that the RCCI security staff will be on their toes at all times now that they're aware of our intentions.
Somehow, I doubt it. Like I said in my very first post on the topic - you'll most likely be able to.

This book came from a cruise in June and it does have the new style. Hey, if they're good, great...if not, there's truly no harm no foul, no matter what anyone else here may think. As I said before, RCI will be more than happy to take my cash as I purchase the goods/services available in said coupons. If they're not accepted, I will just use the Gold coupons that I receive when I embark. Believe me, I'll use them all -- it's VACATION! :)

As far as today's lesson on coupon fraud, it was very informative but I think someone's laboring under the assumption that we don't know what the coupons say as far as transferability. That's not it at all -- it's just that some people don't particularly care :)

Hmmm...does this mean I'll have to throw out the Tyson Chicken coupons I took from Mom's Sunday paper?

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

epoulsen,

Like I also said in my very first post on the topic, if it - doesn't bother you, you'll most likely be able to ...

I'm not laboring under anything, if it doesn't bother you, it doesn't. The odds are slim that you'd get caught, far slimmer that you'd get prosecuted.

Cruisinfanatic,

I take it honesty is a hard concept for you to grasp.

;) come on both of you....for god sakes your getting angry over coupons????

everyone take deep breaths and have a great weekend.:cool:

dean & alice;)

I'm not going to get into the morality issue of this post, however I will say that the Diamond Member (of which we are one) coupon book has more in it than the stated % off services. There are actually some real "freebies" in it, such as 8X11 pictures and free drinks. Having said that, I can see if there is abuse to using these coupon books, it will lead to RCI, putting names on them and including them with your documents and/or not only having the wording "for thise cruise only", but having an actual expire date on them, in bold lettering.

So keep on using coupons that you are not entitled to and the change will come. My opinion is if you want the status, earn it, as we have.

Archived