Norwegian Star itinerary, MST or port time?

Rock Skipper

I going to the Mexican Riviera in late March. Is the Norwegian Star's advertised itinerary stated in Mountain Standard Time or ports of call time? For example, if the itineray states the ship arrives in Puerto Vallarta at 9am, is it 9am in Puerto Vallarta?

Everything is local (port) time. They go as far as putting reminder cards on your pillow to remind you to change your clocks and watches.

The ship will change the time 1 hour on the way down and on the way back. You will be on ship time and NOT port time. Acapulco is 1 more hour ahead and I think X/Z and PV are also. The ports being 1 hour ahead you won't miss the tenders back but hard to figure out making arrangement for tours on your own.

No, no, no, M&MfromPA. It's not always local time. For instance, Acapulco local time is the same as our Central Standard time, and we only changed clocks once from Pacific Standard Time. So, yes, Rock Skipper, your clocks will be on Mountain Standard Time in PV. Just follow whatever the ship says and you'll be fine.

I just remember turning the clock one hour ahead on the way down to Alcapulco and one hour back on the way home from Cabo San Lucas.

We never asked what time local time was. I just know Princess was using the same time we were using on our NCL ship based on the people we met drinking Coronas on the pier in Cabo.

Archived