Dolphin Swin in Cozumel

Hello we will be cruising in October, and we are doing the dolphin swim in Cozumel. I was wondering do you need to have those water shoes or no? Some one brought it up to me and i just wanted to make sure i have them incase i need them. If you have done it i would love to hear what you thought about it thanks so much

I did not have water shoes when we swam with the dolphins. Make sure that you take a disposable waterproof camera. When we went, they allowed you to take your camera with you. The pics they sell are very pricey! We handed cameras off to each other and got some nice shots. Only 2 people go out with the dolphins at a time so there the others took pics for us and vice versa. It is a fantastic experience!

We didn't wear water shoes. I don't think they would allow any type of shoes because at one point the dolphins will put their noses on your feet and push you through the water. The pictures and video are expensive, but well worth it IMO. Just make sure you don't plan to pay with Discover, they don't accept it. That's all we had and a small amount of cash. They said they would deliver our purchases to the ship that evening. We had to meet them at the pier at a certain time. The guy was a little late, but he did show up. We just gave him cash. The whole experience was well worth it. Don't be concerned if you're not a strong swimmer, they make you wear life vests. My husband wasn't going to participate because he's not a great swimmer, but he changed his mind and was glad he had.

Archived