Transportation from FLL to hotel

gonna go cruising

For another idea--

If you might need a car in town for anything, we're renting a minivan at the airport from Thrifty and returning it at port the next morning. That way, we'll have it for driving to dinner, picking up supplies, etc. We decided that it would probably have cost us $15 with tip for the cab each way (to and from the airport and cruiseport) and the rental van is only $53 for the 24 hours including all fees. Plus, our group is coming in at two different times so....it would cost us the cab fees twice! Plus...we have 6 people all together. Otherwise, we would have done the cab minivan too. Just an idea in case it would be easier for you!!!

For another idea--

If you might need a car in town for anything, we're renting a minivan at the airport from Thrifty and returning it at port the next morning. That way, we'll have it for driving to dinner, picking up supplies, etc. We decided that it would probably have cost us $15 with tip for the cab each way (to and from the airport and cruiseport) and the rental van is only $53 for the 24 hours including all fees. Plus, our group is coming in at two different times so....it would cost us the cab fees twice! Plus...we have 6 people all together. Otherwise, we would have done the cab minivan too. Just an idea in case it would be easier for you!!!

I have been investigating just the thing that you have done already, for our upcoming trip this June.

You picked up the car at the airport? And dropped it off at a location closer to the port?

You used Thrifty. Did they offer a free shuttle to the pier after you dropped the car off?

This is the scenario I have been looking for.

Thanks!

For another idea--

Thanks I will look into that option as well. From the port, do you know if you have to go to the airport to rent upon the return or is there a closer rental office?

We haven't done it yet. Our cruise is in April. But....from what I understand, they do offer the free shuttle to the port.....and it's only a couple blocks away. We are flying in on Easter Sunday so we wanted a vehicle to get to somewhere for Easter dinner. The $40 plus fees (total $53.53 for 24 hours) wasn't too bad for us when you consider cab fees and all.

I am looking at a similar scenerio. I'm just one person, but I used Priceline and ended up with a hotel at

Best Western Hallandale

101 Ansin Boulevard

Hallandale, Florida 33009

It's pretty close to the airport and cruise port, but no shuttle. I'm wondering if my best bet is an economy rental car for the night, but my question was getting to the cruise port after dropping off the car. It sounds like it would be cheaper than a cab.

Is everyone pretty sure that Thrifty offers a shuttle from their lot to the port?

:rolleyes:

I am looking at a similar scenerio. I'm just one person, but I used Priceline and ended up with a hotel at

Best Western Hallandale

101 Ansin Boulevard

Hallandale, Florida 33009

It's pretty close to the airport and cruise port, but no shuttle. I'm wondering if my best bet is an economy rental car for the night, but my question was getting to the cruise port after dropping off the car. It sounds like it would be cheaper than a cab.

Is everyone pretty sure that Thrifty offers a shuttle from their lot to the port?

Hi...

I live in the area and want you to know that where you are staying is really kind of yucky, and you can probably do a lot better closer to the port. Even for the money you can get closer and nicer. You don't know me...I have read some of your posts over on the other board where I lurk but don't post (shy, lol) but seriously, it's kind of crummy where you are going; right off of I-95.

Melinda

Hi...

I live in the area and want you to know that where you are staying is really kind of yucky, and you can probably do a lot better closer to the port. Even for the money you can get closer and nicer. You don't know me...I have read some of your posts over on the other board where I lurk but don't post (shy, lol) but seriously, it's kind of crummy where you are going; right off of I-95.

Melinda

Hi Melinda,

I don't really care about crummy. I know that sounds weird, but I get in after 9pm and will be back at the cruise port at 11am the next day. I need a bed and a shower! Also, I did priceline, so I couldn't cancel if I wanted to.

I did end up going ahead and getting a rental car for $16+tax from Priceline, too. So, I think it will all work out. Now, if Avis will shuttle me to the port after I drop off the car, all will be okie dokie!

:)

Gina

Hi Melinda,

I don't really care about crummy. I know that sounds weird, but I get in after 9pm and will be back at the cruise port at 11am the next day. I need a bed and a shower! Also, I did priceline, so I couldn't cancel if I wanted to.

I did end up going ahead and getting a rental car for $16+tax from Priceline, too. So, I think it will all work out. Now, if Avis will shuttle me to the port after I drop off the car, all will be okie dokie!

:)

Gina

How many stars and price did you bid?

Hi...

Melinda

Hello Melinda,

I am looking for a room in a couple of weeks for a one night stay, pre cruise, and you mention you can get something closer to the port for decent money, can you give some suggestions?

thanks

Archived