Which room is better?

HZ1112

Depends on you. . . Our favorite is off the VERY back of the ship, cause of the huge balcony (but sometimes you'll hear engine noise and feel vibrations). The rooms at the back are typically closest to the buffet. We've also stayed in cabin as far to the front as you can go (feeling some movement). It was fine and didn't bother us at all. I don't typically get sea sick and DH takes Bonine each day. Cabins low and in the middle provide the least amount of movement. Any cabin on a ship is GREAT with us!!

We are sooooo looking forward to our next cruise . . .

Golden Princess April ’07 - 10 Mexican Riviera

Constellation Oct. ’06 – (8185 Cabin off back of ship) 11 Western Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas April ’06 (9258 Cabin off back of ship) - 10 Panama Canal

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – 10 Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 – 10 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Cabin off back of ship) – 7 Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 – 10 Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 – 7 Mexican Riviera

Grand Princess '02 - 7 Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 - 7 Eastern Caribbean

It depends on what you like. We had a cabin in the front (Alaska cruise) and while we did feel slightly more movement it was not enough to bother us. My first cruise. DH and I now prefer a cabin more aft (back) since we spend most of our time at the Horizon adult pool (back) and this is also closer to the buffet for those quick snacks and the anytime dining rooms. :) Also love the fact that we are "forced" to walk further to get to theater...need to walk off that food somehow! LOL

We have always gottan a room on the at least the 6th deck on up and in the midsection, closer to the front if possible. Therefore not getting all the movement from the waves. We just returned on the Grand --and actually had good weather with hardly any bad waves. We previously sailed on a larger ship last year and going out of and coming back into Galveston were very rough. We didnt experience that this year. So I think it just depends on the weather. Even a 110,000 ton ship you feel the rough waves at 14ft height--no matter where you are at.

What cabin were you on "as far front" that you can get? We booked a cabin on the lido deck "as far front" that you can get and was worried about the motion. We usually book mid-ship but not this time. Thanks

Depends on you. . . Our favorite is off the VERY back of the ship, cause of the huge balcony (but sometimes you'll hear engine noise and feel vibrations). The rooms at the back are typically closest to the buffet. We've also stayed in cabin as far to the front as you can go (feeling some movement). It was fine and didn't bother us at all. I don't typically get sea sick and DH takes Bonine each day. Cabins low and in the middle provide the least amount of movement. Any cabin on a ship is GREAT with us!!

We are sooooo looking forward to our next cruise . . .

Golden Princess April ’07 - 10Mexican Riviera

Constellation Oct. ’06 – (8185 Cabin off back of ship) 11Western Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas April ’06 (9258 Cabin off back of ship) - 10Panama Canal

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – 10Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 – 10Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Cabin off back of ship) – 7Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 – 10Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 – 7Mexican Riviera

Grand Princess '02 - 7 Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 -7 Eastern Caribbean

What cabin were you on "as far front" that you can get? We booked a cabin on the lido deck "as far front" that you can get and was worried about the motion. We usually book mid-ship but not this time. Thanks

We booked the cruise on the "CROWN" Princess ship.

Because of an inner ear problem I always have problems with motion onboard ship. Thank God for SeaBands! I usually book my cabin either in the middle or aft of the ship and usually around Deck 8. The rocking is less intense towards the back although you can get more vibration, but I look at it as a nice bedtime massage ;) .

Theresa

We are booked in a suite on the Caribbean in Oct. all the way in the front (bow) high up. Although it sounds like a "Titanic" front of the ship experience with unobstructed view and complete privacy (unlike most of the minisuites), I am concerned about the wind factor. It sounds like many people prefer the stern despite the vibration although I would be a bit concerned about noise from Club Fusion a few decks below. Can someone enlighten me about this?

We have booked cabins everywhere on a Ship...Front, Mid, & Aft. Seems like Mid and Aft are closer to dining rooms. Our Mini Suite on the Crown this June is almost at the very back. Can burn off more calories this way. Never noticed one area having more movement than another, but I love the swaying, so I've never paid any attention. If you don't mind the movement, you might not mind the front. Everyone says mid-ship and aft have less movement though.

Can someone please tell me whether its better to get a room in the front of the ship or towards the back? Thank You.

One thing that noone mentioned is wind. With a cabin in the very front of the ship, it's hard to use the balcony when the the ship is underway at full steam, because of the strong winds in the front of the ship. A cabin further back from the front of the ship is thus more desiarable for this reason.

We had the family suite which is the furthest room to the front on Dolphin deck on the Crown Princess (sister ship to the Caribbean) in November. You could not use the balcony when the ship was moving because it was too windy. The only time we were able to sit out there was when the ship was in port. A disappointment for us as I am a big balcony fan. Also the deck furniture blew all around some nights when the ship was moving. Woke us up a couple of nights.

Archived