ms westerdam - March 25, 2007

Techie

A friend of mine will be sailing on the Olivia cruise. She's been wondering about the dress code. Is there still 2 formal nights? If yes, what do most wear? Actually, what's the dress code for most of the cruise? She's hoping it a little more informal than non-charters.

Thanks,

Joan

I'll definitely forward her this.

It will be her first cruise and I know she's looking forward to it. She listened to me and my husband for so long about how much we like going on a cruise.

Hopefully someone will be able to let me know about the dress code.

Thanks,

Joan

We are sailing on this cruise. Usually there are two formal nights on 7 day cruises. Olivia has designated one formal night and the other is a masquerade night. I guess that means costume/mask, etc. We went to a party store yesterday and got stuff for the masquerade night. This is our second Olivia cruise. The whole atmosphere is more casual. There were some people dressed formally on the formal night, not as many as on a non-chartered cruise, so I'm sure whatever she wears will be totally fine. The other designated night was a "white party". Everyone was supposed to wear white. Don't know the significance.

Also, dinner seating for both early and late is open seating. Let me know if I can help answer any questions.

PKB, thanks so much for getting back to me.

I'll call her tomorrow morning early and send her the link. She probably will get in touch with you just to check out some things. Hubby and I are actually heading out Tuesday on our cruise so I'll leave it with her to do anymore follow-ups.

Schplinky, loved your pictures! I know she's been looking at a couple of shore excursions but having the documentation should give her a few more ideas.

Thanks to both of you for your quick responses,

Joan

Archived