Downtown SEATTLE hotel question

KCfan

Can anyone give me information on the Inn at Queen Anne hotel?

We will be arriving at 7pm day before the cruise. Is it worth it to stay in downtown and try to see the sights, since we are arriving so late? We will have a few extra hours the next morning before embarkation.

THANKS!!

I haven't stayed at this hotel, but I know where it is and it LOOKS charming. You'll be right in the thick of things at Seattle Center, which is where the Space Needle is. Not sure how late they run visitors up to the observation deck, but you can probably go up and get a great sunset view of the city. There are also a ton of good restaurants in the area there, from low-key and inexpensive to nicer places.

When are you coming? If it's a weekend, there may be a festival of some sort going on at the Seattle Center.

In the morning, you can go and check out Pike Place Market and get some breakfast there before you check out of your hotel. Definitely worth doing.

I was considering that hotel as well, and they have a shuttle to the dock. But, the reviews I have read have been mixed. It's old and musty, and from what I understand noisy as well. I may book it anyway as a backup and I'm going to try priceline and see if I can get a decent 3* room for under $100.

My sister and I stayed at the Inn last year in Jan. It is very, very close to the space needle if you get a chance to do any sight seeing.

The inn itself is quaint. Just don't get old confused with dirty. The building is from the 1920's so it has its quirks, but the rooms are very clean. We stayed there a week, so the kitchenete was nice to have. The rooms are on the small end, and the bath room even smaller. The continental breakfast was good, danishes and juice/coffee. There is a grocery store right across the street to stock your mini frige if you need too. And the post office is on the corner too.

The staff there is awesome. It was my sister and I's first time in seattle (and without a car) so we asked lots of questions, where to eat, when the bus was comming, which bus to take, where to get great late night food etc. they always had an answer and very friendly about it.

hope this helps, if you have any questions let me know. My sister now lives there and I can't wait to visit again.

:)

My sister and I stayed at the Inn last year in Jan. It is very, very close to the space needle if you get a chance to do any sight seeing.

The inn itself is quaint. Just don't get old confused with dirty. The building is from the 1920's so it has its quirks, but the rooms are very clean. We stayed there a week, so the kitchenete was nice to have. The rooms are on the small end, and the bath room even smaller. The continental breakfast was good, danishes and juice/coffee. There is a grocery store right across the street to stock your mini frige if you need too. And the post office is on the corner too.

The staff there is awesome. It was my sister and I's first time in seattle (and without a car) so we asked lots of questions, where to eat, when the bus was comming, which bus to take, where to get great late night food etc. they always had an answer and very friendly about it.

hope this helps, if you have any questions let me know. My sister now lives there and I can't wait to visit again.

:)

THANK YOU!!!!

I have read many mixed reviews on travelocity/expedia etc. and I was really hoping for a good review from someone on this forum. I trust the folks here more than those other sites. :)

This would be the one you'd look at, though I don't know where your hotel is in relation.

If you're in Queen Anne district (where the Dick's is), then I personally would recommend finding the Queen Anne McMenamins restaurant. :) Not as greasy as my omnivorous friends (hubby and I are veggie) tell me Dick's is.

I think you'll be nicely surprised at how much daylight you have by May (late May? early June? from your countdown?). Since we're "up" so high, evenings are lighter, later. I came from central CA and thought I had totally forgotten what CA evenings were like, until someone with more smarts than I told me that YES it was lighter later up here. :) So you'll probably see a difference in the evening!

Re-reading, and I think your Inn, despite its name, isn't in the QA district, but is near Pike Place? I'd say to just forget Dick's and McMenamins, and just look around the immediate area for food and things to look at, if that's so.

Dicks should be more or less across the street from your inn ... not far at all. I'd recommend it ONLY if you really like greasy fast food burgers -- Dick's is best for those late-night, post-bar-hopping food cravings. There are a TON of fun restaurants in that area, some local and gritty like Dicks, but with more variety ... try Floyd's BBQ or the Mecca Cafe, both well within walking distance for you. There's also a lot of "ethnic" places: Indian and Thai and Mexican and Greek and Japanese ... you will have no shortage of choices.

KCfan:

What can I say, but l like Dicks for the occassional "greasy" burger. Regardless of where you eat, you will love the beautiful NW city of Seattle.

Have a wonderful vacation.;)

I think a greasy burger will be perfect for us after a long flight, and before

all the elegant meals aboard the Princess.

I appreciate all the helpful advise and am really looking forward to visiting Seattle.

We just got an email today from the Inn, maybe this will help. It is a fun area, easy bus transportation to downtown if you want.

Thank you so much for visiting our booth at the Seattle Travel Show this year! We would like to provide you with some more information on both of our hotels.

Our hotels are conveniently located in beautiful Lower Queen Anne adjacent to Seattle Center, home to most of Seattle’s top tourist attractions. There are 50 restaurants and 3 supermarkets within walking distance to the hotels.

The hotels provide excellent value and many complimentary services.

Some of the ways we provide superb value is by offering high speed internet, courtesy shuttle service to downtown and nearby locations, complimentary wine/appetizer receptions on selected evenings as well as free local calls.

Both hotels have kitchens in all of the rooms.

The MarQueen Hotel offers a more upscale, boutique hotel experience, featuring free movie channels, Torrefazione in-room coffee and Tazo tea, Gilchrist & Somas amenities, and plush terry robes.

The Inn at Queen Anne offers a comfortable, charming and affordable experience.

Complimentary Continental breakfast is included with the stay.

Our properties offer a uniquely charming experience for guests seeking something apart from the ordinary.

Please check us out at http://www.marqueen.com and http://www.innatqueenanne.com

Yours truly,

MARQUEEN HOTEL & INN AT QUEEN ANNE

Josh Henningsgaard - Administrative Assistant

The MarQueen Hotel and Inn at Queen Anne

600 Queen Anne Ave N

Seattle, WA 98109

(206) 282-7407 (ext. 106)

or toll free (888) 445-3076

I happened to drive right by the Inn today, and took particular notice for you ... Dick's is directly behind the hotel - the buildings practically touch! Also, if you don't want to venture down to the Market in the morning, you can grab some really great coffee at Uptown Espresso ... across the street and about a half-a-block up from Dick's. Uptown's drip coffee is pretty strong, so you might want to do a latte. :cool:

Archived