Anyone stay at Hyatt Miami with a rental car?

Addictedtocruising

I am staying at the Hyatt Regency-Miami pre-cruise on a Saturday and have rented a car from enterprise which has an on site drop off at the Hyatt.

What I'm asking is.. if I don't turn the car in until Sunday morning will the hotel charge me to park? Is Enterprise located within the hotel? Can it just be turned in at the front desk before I retire for the night?

Thanks for your help!

Donna

I can answer this for you since I made about 5 phone calls between the hotel and Enterprise.

The Hyatt will charge you to park your car overnight. You can not drop it off late Saturday night to the concierge desk or Enterprise. The hotel does not want to have the liability for the rental car. You do have two parking options though and this is from the Hyatt website.

8-20 hours $20

overnight parking $23

special events parking $22

Valet parking charges include in and out privileges. No vans, trucks or large vehicles.

SELF PARKING: Available at $12 per day with NO in or out privileges. The parking lot used for self parking is not part of the hotel and is located one block away at the Bank of America building.

I think I am going to opt for the valet parking even though its a bit more money. I would like my rental to be close by and not in a parking garage down the street.

We returned our rental car to the airport rental place the night before the cruise, after we were finished using it. The cab ride from the airport was cheap and so was the cab ride to the port in the morning. Actually, it was less expensive than paying for parking overnight and we didn't have the hassle of turning in the car in the morning.

We loved the Hyatt and were lucky to watch a fireworks display from our balcony the night before with our room service...nice way to start our vacation! :-)

Archived