Itinerary Ideas - Cayaman, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya?

davidwhittaker

We just booked the Valor leaving next Sunday! We are stressing about getting everything organized so quickly so any recommendations you could make would be a big help! We are a young, adventurous couple that likes to be very active. I also prefer to book our excursions through private companies rather than through the cruise. Is that safe in all our ports? Our ports of call are Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, and Costa Maya.

One general question. What is the cheapest port to buy booze?

Here is what I am thinking so far:

Cayman Islands: We've done stingray city and don't want to again (even though it was amazing.) We are thinking of just snorkeling from the beach, hanging out on 7 Mile, and doing some shopping. What are the best spots? Is it easy to find taxis?

I've also heard of people doing Jet Ski or Jet Boat snorkeling. Anyone have a good company that offers these, especially without stingray city?

Roatan: I think we are going to do a tour with Victor Bodden. We definitely want to do the zip lines and some snorkeling. Any other must do's in Roatan? Is there any good hiking?

Belize: We are leaning towards cave tubbing here. Will we have time to do the cave tubbing and some snorkeling? If not, is there a beach close to the port that we can hang out on after cave tubbing? What company do you recommend for tubing? Any good, cheap bars near the beach?

Costa Maya: I haven't looked into this much yet. I know they have great ruins here but I am not sure how exciting that would be for us. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you in advance for your recommendations!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Hi DavidWhitaker, my hubby and I are going to be on the Valor on 3/18 also. We are going to snorkel at Eden Rock about a block from the pier. We to have done the stingray tour, hell and also rented a car there. I think I like Eden Rock the best. We are going to use cave-tubing.com for Belize. We booked for two couples. One couple may not be able to join us. If your interested, you might want to hook up with us. We are not as young as you, we are in our 50's, but still like to have fun. We go to Mahajual in Costa Maya, nice laid back village, and booked with Victor Boden tours in Roatan. Have a great cruise.

Hi Dave, I hope this doesn't double post. You can find out alot about this cruise from the roll call. Alot of people are doing the cave-tubing using cave-tubing.com, there is also alot of people doing zip-lining over the jungle. Sounds like you might get into this. Hubby is getting over broken leg so we are going to pass on this excursion. Anyway try carnival roll call. Great people and its for our cruise. Hope this helps. You can get all your questions answered there. Good luck and happy sailing

Please let us know what you decide as we are cruising the next Western Valor after you on the 1st. Reviews on the Carnival section would be great!! Also, what I need to know is if the ship changes it's clocks or if it stays on Miami time? I have been given 4 different answers and tour people want me to confirm. Thanks

Please let us know what you decide as we are cruising the next Western Valor after you on the 1st. Reviews on the Carnival section would be great!! Also, what I need to know is if the ship changes it's clocks or if it stays on Miami time? I have been given 4 different answers and tour people want me to confirm. Thanks
;

The ship WILL not Change the clocks, u must go further south.

I repeat No change of clocks, it does not matter as u need to always STAY ON ship time.

15 crusie and I NEVERRRRRRRRR change from ship time.

Archived