Celebrity 2008/2009 Itineraries Thread

Andy

We're big Celebrity fans, but our drive-to port, Galveston, no longer has any Celebrity ships. (We did manage to sail on Galaxy on one of her last partial Panama Canal trips out of Galveston last April. It was terrific!)

We would very much like to see that 11-day itinerary return, but would also be happy with just a regular 7-day Caribbean/Mexico Celebrity option.

Or with the Houston port being improved and expanded so much, surely that could attract a Celebrity ship again?

Keeping fingers crossed ....

tromvest,

I would like to see the Solstice doing Caribbean in the summer.

Realistically, I don't expect that to happen. The Caribbean has the lowest yields of any cruise destination. Celebrity will send the newest and largest ships where they will be most profitable. I expect that the ships of the Solstice class will spend their inaugural seasons somewhere in Europe.

Norm.

One area that I would like to see return is Eastern Med, including port stops in Haifa, Ashdod, and Alexandria. Celebrity used to this itinerary, and we just got a brochure from Holland America ( they keep sending them) which does have that itinerary in it.

This is the one itinerary that I might just consider Holland America again to do.

C'mon, Celebrity, get a little creative.......

Host Andy,

Hi Blue !

While it could happen, there is a glut of ships doing Hawaii right now, mostly by Norwegian Cruise Lines. Yesterday, Norwegian said that there is too much capacity in Hawaii and yields are down in that region... so it is doubtful that Celebrity will have any big presence in Hawaii for the next year or so.

Hmmm....

I don't see any evidence of a glut on cruises to Hawai'i in either Celebrity's or Princess's fares on the round trip cruises. Rather, this claim sounds like "CYA" posturing by NCL America executives trying to explain their line's low yields. Indeed, the "Hawai'i" itineriaries that operate round trip from either San Diego or Los Angeles seem to be very succesful for both Princess and Celebrity, so both lines have been increasing capacity on this route for several years to meet demand. I expect that Celebrity will be back, possibly with a ship doing this route for the entire season.

In the context of this discussion, let's not forget that Celebrity has three ships on order that will be too big to tranist the Panama Canal and may well order a fourth. If one or two of these ships goes to the Pacific to cruise Alaska in the summer, where will it spend its winters? I think that the "Hawai'i" round trip itinerary is a very likely candidate for such vessels, as it has very solid demand and produces much higher yields than the Mexican Riviera.

Norm.

greeneg,

One area that I would like to see return is Eastern Med, including port stops in Haifa, Ashdod, and Alexandria. Celebrity used to this itinerary, and we just got a brochure from Holland America ( they keep sending them) which does have that itinerary in it.

This is the one itinerary that I might just consider Holland America again to do.

C'mon, Celebrity, get a little creative.......

Ah, check out Celebrity's itineraries in the Mediterranean in October and November of this year. The line is offering some very unusual itineriaries, some of which may operate more frequently as the ships of the Solstice class come on line.

Norm.

I for one would not be surprise if one of the new ships are based in Europe as a home port..........RCCL just announced that Independence(3rd of its Freedom class) would be based in Southhampton

Carribbean is soft and think the parent company is looking at things differently

If you look at this year the ships are leaving Florida in April and Millie is not returning until mid-dec. That leaves her with only 4 months in Fl if they do that next year

Where do we think the Solstice class ships will be positioned? My husband wants to take a Solstice class ship for a cruise around July/August 2009 and we were just trying to anticipate where we'd be going!

We are hoping for the Caribbean or Mexico.

You can expect the Solstice Class ships to be deployed in Europe during the summer (taking over Millie's and Connie's routes) and in the Caribbean during the winer. Once again, I would imagine one will do 7 day cruises a la Millie and the other will do longer, 10/11 day cruises.

OK - here is my request. More sailings ex UK. European market is growing & other lines are planning extra departures from Southmapton or Dover.

Flown to Miami & NY & various Eruopean destinations but never managed to sail ex UK.

jo

How do you do a B2B Transatlantic on Celebrity? I would really like to do that but it seems that they reposition over to the Med in April and do not come back until October.

I really like days at sea and a B2B (12-14 days ) transatlantic would be ideal, as of now the only way is to do Cunard. I have asked them about 2008 but no one knows when the dates will be released or which ship will be doing the run.

jezzdogg,

I for one would not be surprise if one of the new ships are based in Europe as a home port..........RCCL just announced that Independence(3rd of its Freedom class) would be based in Southhampton

Carribbean is soft and think the parent company is looking at things differently

They may be based there, at least for the summer season, but I expect that their home port (that is, port of registry) will be Nassau, like the rest of the Celebrity Cruises fleet and most of the Royal Caribbean International fleet.

If you look at this year the ships are leaving Florida in April and Millie is not returning until mid-dec. That leaves her with only 4 months in Fl if they do that next year

Yes, and it also keeps them out of the Caribbean for the whole of hurricane season. The 2005 hurricane season was very bad....

That said, recent financial statements from the parent company, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., noted significant price pressure in the Caribbean. If the company can deploy ships elsewhere more profitably, the company most assuredly will do so.

Norm.

Another vote for Celebrity to return to San Francisco for Mexico and Alaska cruises. Celebrity abandoned SF a season before my 2005 Mexico cruise, so I had to go on Princess instead. Now Princess is abandoning SF too! I'm hope one or both will return by Spring 2009 which is when I'd like to take my next Mexico cruise.

I just noticed this morning X has started its 08 and 09 itineraries.

Right now it looks like just Galapagos and some others, but at least they've extended their calendar.

Or is this just a tease?

Dave:eek:

Susan,

Hi Dave - I was only able to find Galapagos and Galapagos/ Machu Picchu itineraries .... and no pricing for anything but the 7 day trip past April /08.

It's a start :)

Yes. The rest of the itineraries will appear over the next couple months.

Norm.

We are hoping that the Century will have a 12 day cruise from Amsterdam to the fjords again in 2008.

My question to you...if the ship actually leaves from Rotterdam, what is the best way to get there (remember...lots of luggage!!). We will arrive at least one day ahead. Would it be easier to go from the Amsterdam airport directly to Rotterdam for one night? (I assume the planes will land in Amsterdam?). Or, if we spend a couple of nights at a hotel in Amsterdam, how is the best way to get to the pier?

I am thinking ahead, I know. I don't even know if they will have this itinerary...but we hope they will!

Thanks!

I just noticed this morning X has started its 08 and 09 itineraries.

Right now it looks like just Galapagos and some others, but at least they've extended their calendar.

Or is this just a tease?

Dave:eek:

Hi Dave !

It's not a tease, and we already have a thread going on this. I guess you didnt see it, as it is back a couple of pages. As I mentioned on the other thread, Captains Club said to expect the 2008/2009 itineraries starting in Mid-March with Europe likely to be the first of the major itineraries to be announced.

Hopefully, we will hear more from Celebrity about the 2008/2009 over the next several weeks.

That's really too bad that the itinerary for the Solstice is not being released when all the other 2008-2009 itineraries are released! I'm really looking forward to hearing where/when the Solstice will be heading, as I'm looking to book on it in November 2008. I suppose maybe I'll just have to keep waiting!

Andy,

The only sad part it CC says that every year. They'll be out mid March, April 1 comes out and we are still waiting. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

My first guess is Summit will me doing the far east cruises next year. They are selling very well.

Andy,

The only sad part it CC says that every year. They'll be out mid March, April 1 comes out and we are still waiting. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

My first guess is Summit will me doing the far east cruises next year. They are selling very well.

Hi Rick !

Oh, I know... every year we hope the schedules will come out early, and it typically does not happen. I was just repeating what I was told by someone who seemed to know what she was talking about.

I would think with some of the other Cruise lines coming out with their 2008/2009 schedules earlier than in the past (Carnival has much of 2009 out already !), Celebrity would be pressured to do this as soon as possible. Let's see how they respond to the challenge.

Summit to the far east would be an interesting development, but we have heard that one before.... Remember ? :)

That's really too bad that the itinerary for the Solstice is not being released when all the other 2008-2009 itineraries are released! I'm really looking forward to hearing where/when the Solstice will be heading, as I'm looking to book on it in November 2008. I suppose maybe I'll just have to keep waiting!

Hi Chrissy !

I was a bit disappointed in that comment as well. There is always a chance it could be announced with the rest of the schedules, but I feel that Celebrity will probably want to wait a bit longer, to make sure that Solstice remains on schedule for a Late 2008 debut. It would probably be a very bad idea for them to take deposits/bookings, and then if Solstice is delayed, it would be a real mess for them.

Hopefully, we will hear more about Celebrity's plans for Solstice's itineraries within the next few months. Stay Tuned !

I really don't care when they release the Solstice schedules as long as they open sales to their repeat cruisers first, start with Elite and work their way down. Give us 2-3 weeks to book then open to the general public. It's a nice way to reward us.

Andy,

I did get a laugh at your comment, some at X knowing what they are talking about. It doesn't happen oftern. All we can do is hope. I'll keep my eyes open. I booked the Galaxy for next year with the idea of transfering the booking to the Solstice, or some other new itinerary.

I really don't care when they release the Solstice schedules as long as they open sales to their repeat cruisers first, start with Elite and work their way down. Give us 2-3 weeks to book then open to the general public. It's a nice way to reward us.

Hi Rick !

I think that is a fantastic idea. Do you plan to email it to Captains Club ? I would like to write it in as well. Perhaps if they get many comments about it, they will consider it.

Archived