Disembarkation -- Bus ?

Jimjam

Get a porter to take your luggage, tell him/her what bus you want, then do your darndest to keep up as he/she scurries along. (good grief, how do they move that fast pushing that heavy load?)

All the porters know the bus line-up. There is also a sign at the bus to identify the destination.

All the busses are lined up together. The first time I disembarked the Noordam the busses were to the left; this last time they were to the right.

If your luck is anything like mine you want the last bus in the line. :rolleyes:

If you have a porter who doesn't know the buses, then it is more difficult, which is what happened to us. There were a few buses going back to Philly. Thankfully I recognized some of the people who had been on the bus coming to the dock, only after almost getting on the wrong bus. Just keep asking the bus drivers and look at the sign on the front of the bus

If you have a porter who doesn't know the buses, then it is more difficult, which is what happened to us. There were a few buses going back to Philly. Thankfully I recognized some of the people who had been on the bus coming to the dock, only after almost getting on the wrong bus. Just keep asking the bus drivers and look at the sign on the front of the bus

Our porter didn't know the bus lineup either, but there was a sign in the window designating New Haven/New London/Providence/Boston, so I knew that was our bus. Also, there was someone on the platform directing people to their awaiting buses. And, as Chillen said, you will recognize fellow travelers.

HAL will give you a form some time before you disembark and on that you can check off "bus." Our bus driver told us he arrived at 8:30 AM. We diembarked sometime around 9:30, and were on the road at 10:30.

Note: The bus driver takes attendance once it appears everyone is on the bus. He said he cannot leave until everyone has been accounted for. Apparently, a while back, someone was missing, and showed up on the platform after the bus had left. The bus was radioed and the driver had to return to pick them up!

Get a porter to take your luggage, tell him/her what bus you want, then do your darndest to keep up as he/she scurries along. (good grief, how do they move that fast pushing that heavy load?)

That's the truth. Our porter scurried along so fast we could barely keep up with him! He flew out the door, and I thought we were heading for the line for the cabs, but he took us across the road, and loaded us into a waiting cab. Then he was off. This all happened in about a minute or two! :)

Note: The bus driver takes attendance once it appears everyone is on the bus. He said he cannot leave until everyone has been accounted for. Apparently, a while back, someone was missing, and showed up on the platform after the bus had left. The bus was radioed and the driver had to return to pick them up!

I remember that! It happened the day I disembarked (Jan. 17th), and it happened on the bus my girlfriend was on. She told me all about it afterward.

The bus dispatcher had figured out what happened while my bus was still waiting, and they wouldn't let us go. There were some people on our bus who never showed up, weren't coming but hadn't cancelled the bus either. So we sat, and sat, and sat, and.... :rolleyes:

Archived