Island Mktg. Wave Runner Excursion Review

Lisab733

:D We just returned from GC and did the Island Mktg. Wave runner excursion. We choose the early tour (9am) so that we could beat all the other folks to Stingray City. We arrived via taxi, $6pp one way. Our taxi driver gave us his card so we could call him to pick us up after the excursion. It only took 15 min. to drive there (didn't make any other stops). We walked through the hotel to the beach were we waited for the wave runners. There were 4 wave runners (1 couple per ski) and the guide. We had brought our snorkel gear but found out you really didn't need it so we stored it in their shack (we did take our mask and snorkel and would do so again!). We stored them in the front compartment of our sea doo along with our towels and nothing got wet (our friends had their digital camera and it was just fine, just make sure to secure them correctly and they will seal). After a brief lesson on how to operate the ski we were off. All the hubbys drove out to the stingrays, this took about 15-20 min (guide said he would set the pace but if anyone fell behind he would cirlcle back so they could catch up, no one in our group had any problem and after a while we were all racing!!). We had beautiful weather, calm seas so we had no worrys about water in our eyes (wore my sunglasses and didn't have any problems). Once we arrived our guide anchored our ski's while we went to greet the stingrays. We were the third or fourth group there so the rays were very hungry and friendly. The water was only about 3 feet deep (we were in the very middle since there were only 8 of us). Our guide had food for them and the feeding began, what a rush to have a ray take food out of your hands, there is nothing I can think of that compares to it. We were there for about 30-45 min., then it was off to Rum Point Beach. We rested for a while, purchased a drink (folks there drinks are very expensive, $11 american dollars for one drink) their prices were in Cayman dollars so ask what the american price is before you buy, then you won't be shocked when you get the bill. After our brief rest is was back on the ski's. This time I drove back to the Cayman resort, what a blast. (We owned a jet ski so I knew how to drive one). Well needless to say I was goofing off and dumped my hubby into the sea!:rolleyes: LOL To bad I didn't have a camera, what a great picture it would have made. So of course I had to go into the water after him! Well we got back onto the ski and caught up with the rest of the group and were back to the resort in about 20 min. We thanked our guide and went to call our driver. He arrived about 10 min. later, drove us to town since we wanted to do some shopping. We arrived in town about noon time, spent the next three hours shopping, eating and drinking at Margaritaville (OMG, sssssoooooooo much fun!!!!!) then headed back to the ship.

:p We will definitely do this excursion again next year when we bring our kids. I wish it would have been a bit longer but was glad to have the time to see some of Georgetown.

FYI: Two of the couples on the ski's were in their 50's and did great!!

Hi Lisa we sail on Rhapsody on 3-25-07, this excursion is not offered through Royal Carb. what if you didn't get to the port because of bad weather? Did you have to pay up front? I'm worried about getting a refund if by chance the ship doesn't arrive there. Also, if we went to the later one, would there be time to get back to the ship? Does the excursion people set up getting to them? Also, what did you wear and did you bring a change of clothes? I'm sorry so many questions but this is our first cruise and I'm nervous about doing things of the ship. Thank you so much for your help!

Lori

Archived