River Cloud formal?

merryecho

We just booked a Danube cruise on the River CLoud, but see that they have two jacket and tie nights. We will be backpacking through Europe before and after the cruise, and DH really doesn't want to pack a jacket just for 2 nights. Anyone who has done this ship, can you tell me if they are they strict about this? Can we do roomservice those nights instead? Thanks

We took this cruise last May. It's a good experience. You will enjoy it.

Very, very good service and outstanding food and wine (included).

We did find that almost everyone wore a jacket for the dinners. This is a pretty upscale group and all the men had jackets. The women wore nice pants outfits -- no glitter but nice.

Like you, we traveled before and after the cruise. My husband packed a blue blazer that went with his khakis and turtlenecks. No ties. That seemed to work fine. He also wore the blazer at several restaurants in Prague and Budapest so he got good use out of it.

Thank you so much Idlove! Just what I needed to know. sounds like he would feel out of place without a jacket. I'm not worried myself, a pair of slinky black pants and a few nice tops are easy to pack.

Does the ship have room service? If so, we might just skip the really formal nights. There sure isn't much info out there about this line- not that it matters, I just enjoy reading about what I'm going to be doing.

This is such an intimate experience that you'll feel like you are dining with family by the second night. As such, you won't want to miss an evening with the "cousins", I promise.

I don't think anyone in our group even considered room service.

You are right about the lack of information on this line. I did post a review on the River Cloud II when we returned. Very favorable review, I should add. You should check for it under my name.

As you will see, we liked the cruise for the service, the wonderful food, and the great diversity of people on board. Having lunch with the owner of a Norwegian fishing fleet was worth the trip. Not my usual Virginia neighbors.

We had one of the "cheaper" cabins -- twin beds. Nice facilities but small room. Instead we spent our time on the top deck or in the lounge when not on land.

Let me know if you have specific questions.

Archived