Port of Houston - Rental Car

Heckah

I tried to run a search, but I leave next Saturday and after trying to load the search page for 20 minutes I began to wonder if my search results would've been available in time...=)

I'm looking to rent a car the day we disembark the cruise, we are staying in Houston an extra day. Who has a shuttle that'll pick you up at the airport and drop you off with the rental car and what should I put down as my rental location (I'll be dropping off at Hobby the next day)?

Thanks

I think the only car rental place that would pick you up at the port of Houston (La Porte) is Enterprise. However the local office is closed on Sunday. I would suggest getting a transer to Hobby and renting a car there. You may want to post this on the "Gulf Coast Departures" board under Homeports here on Cruise Critic in order to get more/better responses. Good luck. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Dream a Saturday/Saturday itinerary? If so, definitely go through Enterprise. It's been a couple of years since we went on the "Texaribbean" itinerary on the Sea, but hopefully this information is still valid.

Instead of booking online or through the 1-800 number, call the La Porte office direct and make your reservations. When we were there, they actually had a kiosk set up right outside the terminal offering rental cars to departing passengers. We already had our reservation, so they moved us to the front of the line and off we went. The LaPorte office has been open until noon on Saturdays to work with cruise passengers.

Hobby Airport is not that big. I am renting from Hertz when we arrive back in Houston. Taking the shuttle from the port to the airport. I would certainly think that Hertz or any other rental company picks up at the airport.

The problem is getting from the pier in La Porte to the airport -- which is about 20 or 25 miles away. We flew in and out of Bush, which is even further, but none of the car rental companies, at least at that time, provided a shuttle to either airport.

If you can have a rental car waiting at the pier for you, why do you want to go to the airport first to pick one up :confused: ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Dream a Saturday/Saturday itinerary? If so, definitely go through Enterprise. It's been a couple of years since we went on the "Texaribbean" itinerary on the Sea, but hopefully this information is still valid.

Instead of booking online or through the 1-800 number, call the La Porte office direct and make your reservations. When we were there, they actually had a kiosk set up right outside the terminal offering rental cars to departing passengers. We already had our reservation, so they moved us to the front of the line and off we went. The LaPorte office has been open until noon on Saturdays to work with cruise passengers.

Oops! :eek: Yeah, you are right, it is Saturday/Saturday. I was a little distracted when I posted Sunday. However, at least according to the hours online, the La Porte branch is closed on Saturday as well.

It's possible that it's changed. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, try the Seabrook office -- not the La Porte one. That's the one we went through. Since we just dropped of our rental car at the pier on the way, and picked it up at the pier when we returned, I didn't remember for sure which one it was :o .

Just back from the Dream. We rented through the national number of Enterprise and booked from the airport with a next-day drop-off at the pier. You can drive up, drop off your bags and passengers and they will tell you where to park the car. (They have a desk outside the embarkation building.) We had a pick-up at the pier waiting when we got off the Dream and returned it to Hobby the next day. All of this was very hassle-free. Book ASAP though because they sell out.

Archived