Sail & Sign Cards

LindaJSteele

I read somewhere that Carnival is doing the Sail & Sign cards in the dining rooms now - not in the terminal. Does anyone know anything about that? Since we have not received our docs yet, I am just wondering if there is a new process.

I read this about the Liberty, and that's the ship we're sailing on next month.

I read somewhere that Carnival is doing the Sail & Sign cards in the dining rooms now - not in the terminal. Does anyone know anything about that? Since we have not received our docs yet, I am just wondering if there is a new process.

I read this about the Liberty, and that's the ship we're sailing on next month.

From a few reviews, its seems like they are testing it on select sailings on Valor and Liberty. There wouldnt be anything in your docs that would indicate this process. On another thread a Carnival ship employee said it was being done to help with traffic congestion in the terminal.

Interesting, when I went on my past cruise's the only places I had to wait for a long period of time was 1st going thru Security then waiting to check in and waiting for Picture before boarding. But I never had to wait for a Sail and Sign Card.:confused:

So if they want to speed up the process then maybe they should get a couple more Photographers and a couplw more security lines and more check in employees.

Odd, I think. Since you have to slide your S&S card when actually boarding the ship, seems it would be needed then...instead of them looking at some type papers for you to board - would take longer than sliding the cards. Weird. Less security that way, I'd think.:confused:

actually i believe the dining room thing is mainly for people not using a credt card for the s&s cards to get them on board and not make the people behind them wait as they play with cash and what not.

Actually, Valentine's week on Liberty, there were lines for both, which made no sense to me, being as how the people at check-in took that page out of the docs & kept it. The only thing I can figure, is maybe the ones with credit cards wanted seperate accounts with seperate credit cards. That part I would get, that would hold up a check-in line.

Odd, I think. Since you have to slide your S&S card when actually boarding the ship, seems it would be needed then...instead of them looking at some type papers for you to board - would take longer than sliding the cards. Weird. Less security that way, I'd think.:confused:

The S&S card is needed when you board the ship, they give it to you at check in. You needed your sail & sign, passport/i.d, and docs in hand to board.

Here's the story with us. We have received NO documents. Our agency said they don't send them out anymore (actually they lied and said Carnival didn't, but we know that's not true), so we don't have that page where you fill out the Sail & Sign credit card info. That's why it seems weird to us.

Here's the story with us. We have received NO documents. Our agency said they don't send them out anymore (actually they lied and said Carnival didn't, but we know that's not true), so we don't have that page where you fill out the Sail & Sign credit card info. That's why it seems weird to us.

Have you contacted Carnival Directly yet?

If not then you should call them so they can make sure they got your right address as well. And did you fill out your fun pass online?

Let us know please.

Daryl

Daryl,

We are seasoned cruisers, so we know the story. Yes, we have our fun passes completed and printed out. I actually did call Carnival just to see if they had changed their policy, which they had not. They send the documents directly to the agencies, and sometimes the agencies choose not to send them out - to save the expense, obviously. As long as we have the completed "fun pass" we'll be fine. We actually don't need the documents to board. Having said that, though, we told the agency we wanted them because we wanted the sail and sign card page - AND - we wanted our luggage tags. We didn't want to have to print those out at the pier. They SAID they would mail them to us and we would have them in a few days; this was last Monday, and we don't have them yet. So...I'm hoping to get them soon. I know we're all set to go; we have our booking numbers, cabin numbers, etc., and all of our information shows up on the Carnival website. We've just decided to never book with that agency again - our first and last time. After about 20 cruises, we know what's going on; we just went for the best price, and this time they had it. Live and learn, I guess! I know we'll have a great time; it just seems that getting the docs in the mail is part of the fun!!!

Hi Linda,

I am aware that you are a seasoned Cruiser (I see Signature:D )

I only asked the second sentence so that other reader's who have this problem can kinda get an idea what they can do.

And with that great response I think anyone who encounters that problem will now have answers.

But that Suck's that you don't get to do the DOC DANCE:(

Well happy sailing.:)

Daryl,

Thanks for writing. When I read what I wrote, it seemed like of funny, and I didn't want to get "flamed" by anyone, so I appreciate your comments. I wasn't trying to sound "uppity" or anything like that; I am just frustrated by the customer "no-service" we have received from this agency. And it's not a small one, either; it's a huge agency that does tons of business. We've decided we probably will just book with Carnival from now on. We also had a big discussion with them over on-board credit because of a price drop after final payment, and "supposedly" we're going to get that as well. I'll believe it when I see it, though. At this point, I just can't wait to go - three weeks from yesterday, and we'll be sailing away!

Archived