Pacific Sun P&O Australia

cruiser02

Compared with the lovely ships that cruise out of the U.S. I think you would find the Pacific Sun lacking in quite a few areas. We always get the cast-offs down here and I have seen the deck plans for this ship and there are very few verandahs etc.

If you have cruised before on other Princess, HAL or Celebrity ships, I think you would get a shock. When reading the reviews, remember that they have been written by Aussies who have probably never sailed on the lastest ships.

Jennie

Our family have cruised on the Pacific Sky Jan 2003 and had a wonderful time. I agree with the other poster about the ships they send down under are the older ones which are very basic compared with the beautiful ships that cruise in USA or Europe but if you want a fun time, good food, great Aussie wines and the most beautiful unspoilt islands you will enjoy this cruise. We have cruised the Navigator of the Seas and the Pacific Sky doesn't come anywhere close to that style of ship. Just don't go expecting a luxurious cruise, instead a fun cruise with lots of Aussies, lots of deck time in the sun and great snorkelling and beach time on the islands. Avoid our school holidays unless you want a real party cruise with lots of young adults.

Archived