All About Cruising - NY Times Travel Section

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Guest LoveMyBoxer

For those of you who don't get the NY Times. In today's Travel section, it's all about cruising. I'm still reading, but thought I'd share. Here is the link:

http://travel.nytimes.com/pages/travel/index.html

Enjoy!

Here is the link to the "Critic" article. Pretty funny & true. http://travel.nytimes.com/2006/08/30/travel/25online.html?pagewanted=1&ref=travel

Representatives of Princess Cruises and Holland America Line confirmed that they peruse forums regularly to get a sense of what customers are thinking.

Nice to read from an independent source that the cruise lines at least read some, if not all of the comments. In reading the entire article, it would seem that the few " rascally" "knuckle headed" posts are dismissed by most and that newbies and veterans alike can hope that their comments are taken into account by the cruise lines.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Just finished reading the Easy Cruise article. Just one word: WHY???? Sorry, but if that was supposed to be a postive article, it just turned me off!

I just read it too, and wondered why? But, it seems to appeal to a younger crowd with less of a budget who would like to cruise, visit the islands, and do without the pampering that most of us who cruise HAL love. There is something for everyone. Imagine, no maid service! Does that mean no chocolate on my pillow?

Archived