Voyager "Secrets"??

We're sailing the Voyager in Jan. It's the first time on this class of ship for us and we're bringing along 6 people who have never cruised before.

We don't want to miss anything on this ship that we should be seeing. . .

For example on the Radiance class to go down to the bow on the Helicopter pad, a lot of people don't know you can do that and it's a really neat place to be on the ship.

Who knows about places like that on the Voyager?

Cherith,

Here are my suggestions....the Peek-A Boo- Bridge where you can watch the Captain and his team navigate the ship.

Also the ice skating rink with its own 'mini zamboni'

Emmy

To get to the helicopter pad on Voyager: go thru Cleopatra's Needle (deck 5), there is a door to the outside on the left side.

The peek-a-boo bridge is deck 11: just go outside past the solarium pool.

The chapel on deck 15 is pretty cool too.

The most fun and unique place is the men's room outside the Windjammer, deck 12. The urinal is a waterfall in front of a huge window that looks out onto the ocean. I made my husband check to make sure that it was unoccupied so I could see this for myself.

There used to be a website: http://www.voyager-class.com that had a lot of pictures and information about the ships, it is closed for a few days right now, but check it out.

How do you get to the helicopter pad on the Radiance class? We will be sailing on the Serenade in February. Thanks

bgomes,

Yes the men's washroom on deck 12 by Windjammer...completely forgot about that one. When my son and his friends sailed on Voyager last year I reminded them to check it out and they did. They kept saying how cool :cool: it was and thanked me for telling them about it...with lots of photos to proove that they were there!!!

Of course read all about it right here on Cruise Critic beforehand :)

Emmy :)

Thanks Emmy, where do you find the "peek-a-boo bridge"?

It is on deck 11 ouside of the gym. (near the treadmills) I would use the treadmill and see everyone looking in the Peek-a-boo bridge. I then went to see. It was pretty cool.

If your coming out of the dining room on Deck 3 and want to go to the theater up front, dont go up2 flights of stairs, just walk down the hallway on the port side of the ship and go through the door marked crew only. Go right through it and then walk through the Ice Rink to the other side and out that door and down the hall to the theater. Saves time on the stairs.

This is great stuff, thanks gang.

On the Radiance class ships to get to the heli pad, you go out on deck 5 and walk towards the Bow. I think most people think that it's nowhere to go because the walkway goes behind a steel wall. Just follow it and you'll head up a few stairs and you're there. I love it up there. I will take the advice and go down there at night though. Sounds beautiful.

Your post caught my eye and I decided to read it.

Can anybody tell me if the same stuff is on the Explorer?

I can only assume it is as it is a sister ship to the VOS.

Sounds like the peek a boo bridge is not to be missed.

Thanks

Blueice, the is layout identical to the Voyager so these things will be on the Explorer also.

cherith, to get to the bridge overlook you need to go out the sliding doors that are at the front of the Solarium pool area. It takes you out to a walkway that leads to the "peek-a-boo bridge".

If memory serves me right, from deck 4 stairs go up to deck 5 when you come to the forward part of the ship. I don't believe that deck 4 wraps completely around the ship with out going up to deck 5 first

When you are going to the bow you must go up the stairs from deck four to five. also, they close a railing across the stairway, that is supposed to prevent you going out to the bow at night. There are no lights out there, as lights would interfere with the night vision of the bridge crew. RCI doesn't want you stumbling around in the dark out there at night.

Having said that, I know some people disregard the signs and go out there anyway.;)

Mark

Archived