Oriana- Caribbean Christmas

oceanagossipqueen

Hi me and my family were wondering what christmas and new years eve and day are like on this ship. I have posted this on another forum but had no luck. Information about what children do on christmas day and new years day wolud be gratefully recieved. Also are any of you out there going on this cruise. Especially if you have children aged 9 -11 or/ and 12-15 yr olds.

Oceanagossipqueen:D

Hi Oceangossipqueen! Not on your cruise but have same question as you, as we too have children (16 + 14) and are booked on the Simply Caribbean Christmas & NY Oceana (E731). It appears we are both in Antigua on 23 December, looking forward to seeing Oriana! Lucky you, 22 nights AND a cruise in the Summer!! Happy Sailing, Flea B x (Derby)

Hi Oceanagossipqueen,

I noticed that there is a thread open over on Cruise Connections (P&O) with s few people on this cruise X721 I believe. You could add to that

Or you could try posting your questions on the CC main board. Specific questions help.

I know that this cruise is popular and is done one year by Oriana and the other by Aurora. In the opposite years the ships do the Canaries and Madeira for the New Year fireworks.

It is certainly on our to do list

:):)Happy cruising:):)

I have been on Oriana at Christmas - Canaries, not Carribbean- and although we didn't have children with us ourselves, it seemed to me that the children all had a fantastic time. I remember them all out on deck on Christmas Eve shouting for Santa and waiting for him to appear at the top of the funnel. On Christmas Day they had sleigh rides to Santa's Grotto. The youth crew really do a fabulous job. New Year is a bit different - obviously a big deck party for the teenagers upwards on New Years Eve - but New Years Day I think we were in port.

Doug

I would agree with thames cruisers assessment. I was on Oriana this christmas in the canaries and it is really well done. There were over 200 kids on board, of all ages and they seemed to have a great time.

Santa arrived on the ship and was seen out of the funnel. The kids (younger) sang carols out on deck, with other guests to welcome him. Everyone got a beautifully wrapped gift in their cabins and a card from the captain.

Santa was seen again on christmas day and there were various parties for the children - they seemed to be having a great time.

Food and menus were great - special ones for christmas eve, day and boxing day and the tables for christmas day were especially good, well decorated, excellent hats, crackers and party poppers.

We enjoyed it so much, we would go again like a shot - it was a hassle free christmas for a family group - you will enjoy

Archived