pre cruise stay in honolulu -suggestions?

tacobird

We will be staying 3 days in Honolulu prior to our cruise departure. I was trying to find accomodations which included a kitchen - to save on dining. Has anyone stayed at the Ocean Resort Hotel? They advertise kitchenettes in some of there studio rooms. There will be 5 of us 3 adults and 2 kids 6 & 7. Any suggestions would be great. We are looking for the lowest and best deals out there.

hi

we have stayd here twice at the Hawaiiana Hotel in wakiki just 1 block from the beach realy nice setting all rooms have kitchens two pools only three storys high and no more that 100 rooms its realy nice and relaxing place yet right in the hert of everything , they also have rooms that have a bedroom and the large rooom also has two queen beds so can accomidate four easly.

i will be bak again my self as was very happy and ithough three rates were fare .

they have all the info you need on there websight.

hope this might help you

I rely on Tripadvisor when deciding on a hotel - I chose Resortquest Waikiki Beach Tower, but we're not going till December.

Here are links to reviews on the above hotels: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60982-d208862-Reviews-Hawaiiana_Hotel-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60982-d87040-Reviews-Ocean_Resort_Hotel_Waikiki-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii.html

And, the home page for Honolulu (scroll down to Honolulu Hotel Recommendations); http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g60982-Honolulu_Oahu_Hawaii-Vacations.html

Susan M,

We have been looking at the same hotel for December but have not booked yet. We are on the December 1 cruise on Pride of America. Are you on the same cruise?

No...we decided to do a land trip to Hawaii for 2 weeks at Christmas (Oahu for 3 days and Kauai for the remainder) ....but I still like to check the CC Hawaii Forum for tips.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks! I just booked at the Ilima for $115 a night--they've got an internet special. . . Great spot, great price, great location! Planning to spend two days in Honolulu before boarding Pride of America on June 30, 2007. And this looks like the perfect place (with kitchen too) to do it from.

Thanks! I just booked at the Ilima for $115 a night--they've got an internet special. . . Great spot, great price, great location! Planning to spend two days in Honolulu before boarding Pride of America on June 30, 2007. And this looks like the perfect place (with kitchen too) to do it from.

To add to your information. We live on the island of Oahu and have stayed at many hotels in Waikiki -- go there on an occasional weekend over the many years we have lived here. We have stayed at the Ilima and always recommend it for our friends that want to stay in Waikiki at a good price. Parking at the Ilima is free on a first come first served basis -- find that at any other hotel.

Archived