Grimaud out of St. Tropez or Bormes or Gassin/Ramatuelle

I am trying to get info/advice on my ports of call, specifically an excursion out of St. Tropez for a 4 1/2 hr. excursion to Grimaud Village & Port Grimaud, which I am signed up for. I also have the option of Bormes (4 hr. excursion) or Gassin & Ramatuelle (4 1/2 hrs). Looking at pictures, Port Grimaud looks a little like "a rich disney subdivision", though it's hard to tell.

Has anyone gone to any of these places out of St. Tropez? Good, bad and the ugly?

Thanks for any info in advance!:)

First off there is no need to sign up for a trip to Port Grimaud and Grimaud. You can simply buy a ticket for the short ferry ride to Port Grimaud and the petit train to Grimaud at the wharf. Port Grimaud is an upmarket small community that provides each residence with boat parking on one side and car parking on the other. There is a nice beach there. We took the short walk thru this little village to catch the little "tourist train" up the mountain to the old village of Grimaud. We loved this place for it's quiet atmosphere and charm, not to mention good food. There is an old castle that affords great views of the surrounding countryside. Be aware that this mountain side place is hilly. We took our time and soaked it up without any problems (we are late 50's ,early 60's).

We then returned to St. Tropez where we enjoyed a very different experience. It was a great day. Hope that helps.

Andy

I haven't been to the other option that you mentioned, but we had a lovely day in Port Grimaud, Saint Maxime, and St. Tropez last September. I agree with Andy's advice that a shore excursion is not necessary. I found a site that had public boats to some of the other villages in the area. It was so nice being out on the water with the beautiful scenery and pulling into all the harbors. Both of those villages were very different from St. Tropez, so it was nice to have that much variety in one day. St. Maxime was just delightful with a street market the day we were there. Port Grimaud was very scenic too, and we went on a boat ride to up into all the canals. Port Grimaud has been called the biggest fake since Disney because the canals are man made. I liked it very much. Many of the buildings have the faux scenes painted on them, and we found an open market there too. Others from our ship took a sightseeing excursion around the port in St. Tropez to point out all the star homes, and they were pleased too. We were in port until 11:00 p.m. that day, so I don't know if you'll have time to see the three areas like we did.

Have a great cruise,

Donna

http://www.bateauxverts.com

click on the English flag

click on Presentation

click on Activities

then Shuttles toward St. Tropez

Archived