Yet Another Seattle Hotel Question

texascruzer

I have booked the Inn at the Market in March.

Is the Inn worth the extra bucks? I also booked a room with a view and was wondering if that would be worth it since it most likely will be raining or foggy from what I have read about Seattle weather? :confused:

Hope someone can help.:D

I booked our pre cruise nights on Priceline and got the Renaissance, for me as long as the hotel is clean and nice it's not worth the extra $$ as we don't spend much time in the room.

We have never got a 'bad' hotel using Priceline and always get great rates.:D

I have used Priceline several times and have had great luck.

I will be traveling alone this time and wanted to be close to Pikes Market and I wanted to treat myself to a fairly nice hotel. I have read mixed reviews on the Inn at the Market and thought maybe someone else had stayed there that could give me their opinion.

deb

I booked our pre cruise nights on Priceline and got the Renaissance, for me as long as the hotel is clean and nice it's not worth the extra $$ as we don't spend much time in the room.

We have never got a 'bad' hotel using Priceline and always get great rates.:D

What rate did you bid? I tried $80 for a 3* and got rejected. I'm trying to stay under $100 a night, but if I'm being unrealistic, then I'll up my bid. I've budgeted $150 a night.

Actually, on some occasions, Seattle in March can be quite nice. Or it could be the pits. We live in the Seattle area and have spent several mini-trips at the Inn at the Market. Love it. There is a great deck on the 5th floor and you are close to everything. A waterview room will have you looking at the bay and the market. In the morning, pick up coffee at the original Starbucks and pastries at the bakery a few doors away. "Killer" apricot crossants when they have them. You are uphill from the waterfront and there are elevators that will get you most of the way up or down. Lots of great restaurants. In the next block from the hotel is Kells Irish Pub and if you are there on the right evening they have live music. You will see the cruise ships from your window. Staff at the inn has always been great and can't think of any reason you would not enjoy your stay there.

We live in Seattle and do our shopping every Saturday at Pike Street Market, so I know the area well. By staying at the Inn you are in the perfect position to go lots of places of interest. Someone suggested Star Bucks and a pastry. The Russian shop by SB's has an interesting smoked salmon pastry and a couple of doors down from that is a great french pastry shop, but get there early if you want a table. Downstairs from the Inn there are 2 good restaurants. One is a little hole in the wall, but they make great breakfasts with fresh squeezed anything. Campagne, also downstairs from the Inn, serves breakfast including authentic rolled omelets. After breakfast wander the market. Watch the fish guys throw fish, look at the flowers and take pictures of the beautiful displays. Buy jewelery here because when you get to Alaska it all looks the same! You can walk down the hill climb to the aquarium, or walk south to Pioneer Square and take the underground tour. Walk up the hill to "downtown" to see the flagship Nordstrom store. I think the Inn would be the perfect place to stay. Enjoy!

Not sure about the jewelery techteach was talking about but the local crafts people are allowed a certain percentage of the sales tables on any given day. Tables are available by a lottery earily each morning so what you see one day you might not see the next. Lots of jeweleru there. Everything at the market must be locally grown or made except for the "high stalls". These are the permanent stalls in the market.

The Inn is just a few blocks from "SAM" (the Seattle Art Museaum. A few blocks away is Westlake Mall and the monorail. The monorail goes to the Seattle Center- think Space Needle, Science Center and EMP(Experience Music Project and also known as the ugliest structure ever built by man). Going back home in April after being away a year and a half so I suppose all of this is still there. Last I heard, the waterfront trolley (one of my favs since it took you to the international district) was gone thanks to the new sculpture park so I guess all my info may be out of date. When I left the monorail was in on again, off again, mode. If it is working it is a great way to get from the market area to the Center. There is a great map at the Lost in Seattle website that not only shows the downtown but what stores, restaurants etc are in each building. Makes it great for trip planning.

More on Seattle weather. Most foggy days are in the fall. Also, I think that a room with a view of the bay on a rainy day is way better than a room with no view on a rainy day.I could sit all day and just watch the boat traffic. By the way, the Inn is a short walk from the Paramount, 5th Ave., Moore Theaters(Live theater) and the Beneroya Hall(Symphony and Pops). Something might be going on while you are there. Also multiplex cinema at Park Place. Park Place also has some good restaurants along with shopping. Upscale shopping on 5th Ave. between University and Westlake Mall area. Nordstroms, Park Place etc. are all in this area. If you are into glass, Beneroya Hall has 2 of Dale Chihuly's candelabras in the Lobby and more of his work is on display in several buildings in the area. So much to see and too little time.

Hi TexasCruzer,

Another Texan here! We stayed at the Inn at the Market last May for 3 nights at the end of our Pacific Coastal Cruise. The hotel was great and I think it was well worth it just for the location. Bring your walking shoes and be ready to fall in love with this city! I sure did. We did not book a view room and I don't feel we missed out on anything. There is a roof garden at the hotel with a great view.

Hi to everyone..:) I will be going on a cruise on the Star May 26th and will be flying in the night before. We have booked The Sixth Avenue Inn. Do you think that will be an ok hotel to stay for just a few hours ? We will be coming in around midnight and leaving the next morning for the cruise. Anything else anyone would like to add would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Janice

I have booked the Inn at the Market in March.

Is the Inn worth the extra bucks? I also booked a room with a view and was wondering if that would be worth it since it most likely will be raining or foggy from what I have read about Seattle weather? :confused:

Hope someone can help.:D

See my note on the Voyager 2008 Roll Call.

LL

Archived