What is the earliest you've gotten on the ship?

TinkyPatz

Hello, I was just wondering what the earliest time is that you can get on the ship?

I don't want to get there and have to wait in line for forever. Or if I have to wait for them to start letting people on, I'd rather be one of the first ones there.

So what's the earliest you've gotten on the cruise and what is the absolute earliest time they will let you board?

TIA! :)

Hello, I was just wondering what the earliest time is that you can get on the ship?

I don't want to get there and have to wait in line for forever. Or if I have to wait for them to start letting people on, I'd rather be one of the first ones there.

So what's the earliest you've gotten on the cruise and what is the absolute earliest time they will let you board?

It depends on the time that the last passenger from the previous cruise finally gets off the ship. As mentioned boarding is usually starts around noon, but it can be a little earlier.

I normally show up around 11:15 and wait.

On our GLORY cruise last April, my wife and I were the very first two people to board the ship, due to our Platinum status. There were about 25 of us that were personally led aboard the ship at 10:45am.

And at debarkation, we were the 3rd and 4th passengers to disembark...at 7:15am! In fact, we were at the Orlando airport by 8:30am!

I guess it pays to sail with Carnival at least 10 times so that you can earn that Platinmu status and its perks!

:cool: Bill

We are on the Freedom in Rome, and wondered the same thing, how early to arrive - w/out standing waiting too long. We are booked through Carnival to do the "rome at a glance) a 3 hour transfer, plus see the sites.

The first Carnival transfers begin at 10am, getting us to the ship around 1- so that sounds like a good plan! Since the sailing isn't until like 8pm, I was worried what we could do all day, but if we can board earlier, that's fantastic!

YOu all have such good questions, and helpful answers, were glad we found cruisecritic.com!

It depends on the ship. We were in Tampa at 10 AM to board the Miracle and were the third couple in line to board. They started checking credentials at 10:30 and we boarded around 11:30. It would have been earlier but the Miracle was getting their health inspection. They scored a 99 out of 100.

Archived